Defender Source Forum banner

What have you done to your Defender today.

Tags
defender
768K views 6K replies 536 participants last post by  SadKingBilly 
#1 ·
Well this Thread is a very popular thread on a couple other forums that I frequent. So, I thought I'd give it a go on here too..

I after a little Blasphemous session got my new windscreen and seal installed.

See less See more
#4,949 ·
Pulled some trees limbs with my Lr 90 I wanted to post a video. How do you do it?.?
chris
Good morning. Regarding the posting of videos, that was my first time and here's what I learned. When posting a still photo, you use the little camera icon and the pic is actually 'uploaded' and stored on the Defender Source server. For videos, they could take a lot more server memory so instead of uploading a file, the only option is to 'insert' a link to something like YouTube or Vimeo, for example. That's what I did and I notice that you can't necessarily tell it's a link. you just click on the thumbnail. I hope that helps.

#4,952 ·
HAAA HAA,
Finally the kids are old enough to go camping so after a 9 year hiatus I finally got the roof top tent back on the truck.
I had a C pillar and a accompanying rack made up to take the roof top tent. There are probably some old pics floating around on the forum from 2010 or thereabouts. Anyway the C pillar has 4 tabs welded to it coming up through the top (yes I did have to make 2 holes in the top to fit the tabs from the rack through the top) which the back of the rack fits into. It is a much more compact set up than the larger RN or Safety device rack that goes completely over the top.

Attachments

#4,953 ·
had some spacers made. I had speedway motors rebuild my 7100s. With the 3 inch lift and wanted to get a little more downward travel from the shocks. I had a local machine shop make some spacers to go between the shock mount and the shock. Got some longer bolts and ground down a washer that goes between the spacer and the bottom of the shock tower.
So far mission accomplished. Yes alternative would be:
1. lowered towers but still would have needed to get the eye mount bracket to fit to the to posts mount shock set up.
2. bought adjustable RTE or another brand adjustable shock mount
alts 1 and 2 would have costed more money as I was trying to use what I had.

Attachments

#4,955 ·
New headliner installed. Swapped to sand vs black. So much brighter inside. Installed tan leather sun visors with hex stitch to match the seats

Also installed high back exmoor inward seats

And a rear view mirror that's actually a camera with front and rear facing all time recording. Awesome when towing. I have a full view of my trailer at all times!

#4,957 ·
I got it from Crutchfield. The brand is Brandmotion. Pretty slick. Has a forward and rear camera that record simultaneously continuously. Tap the mirror and it flips to forward camera or split screen (forward/rear) and also has back up grid to back up. Installed the camera above the rear door washer. At night you can actually see behind you vs. using a standard mirror. Also has a shock sensor which locks recording if it senses a jolt even when off. Slick mirror. Had to remove my old mirror so keep in mind your visor will hit the new one since its much wider than the original.

#4,958 ·
Ditched the light bars I had been running for a few years (Hated the looks of them) and went with some more useable lights. 2x Baja Design S2 Pro Floods and 2 S2 Sport work lights.
the idea is more short range usable light for recovery, camp, etc.. I'm Running LP9's on the front so in reality those are all the light I need.

#4,962 ·
Ditched the light bars I had been running for a few years (Hated the looks of them) and went with some more useable lights. 2x Baja Design S2 Pro Floods and 2 S2 Sport work lights.
the idea is more short range usable light for recovery, camp, etc.. I'm Running LP9's on the front so in reality those are all the light I need.
So how do you like the LP9's - I've been looking at replacing my existing Hellas with a pair of LP6's. I think the LP9's may be a little too big to fit and more than I need.

#4,964 · (Edited)
Finally decided the delrin bushings I installed in my tire carrier and the original tire carrier hinge bolts needed replacing. Maybe the delrin bushings would have been ok had I replaced the hinging bolts with appropriately sized socket cap screws or shoulder bolts the first time around instead of reusing my originals, but after many trips accompanied by increasingly annoying percussive racket from every pothole traversed by either one of my rear wheels I decided the kit from Atlantic British was worth the try. The new carrier hinge bolts are so tight it really makes the entire tire carrier very solid. I've never heard my rear tailgate door or spare tire carrier assembly so quiet. I'm glad I had the delrin bushings in there because they were easier to remove than the original brass bushings. I ended up not needing a press and was able to tap them out using a hammer and a flat blade screwdriver. I think it also helped already having some residual grease in the holes before the brass bushings which I had to hammer in to their homes using a large washer and considerably heavy hammer. I also quite like the appearance of the new socket cap screws/shoulder bolts versus the original hex head bolts.

#4,972 ·
Looking good with that RTT

Reactions: the deputy
#4,974 ·
I'm in the middle of rewiring my dual battery setup - going with Redarc components this time because I got a smoking deal on a BCD1225 which will also control the solar panel input to keep both batteries charged fully in camp. This is world's better than the old Hellroaring isolator that I was using (which will probably get installed on one of my Series trucks). Trying to fit everything into the underseat battery compartment in a D90 is very challenging. This is what comes from talking to the Redarc representative at Overland Expo - it will all be worth it eventually but right now I'm in the middle of electrical hell. Plus just for fun I found out one of my two Yellow Top Optimas is dead - so I'm switching to an Odyssey for my main battery.