Defender Source Forum banner

What have you done to your Defender today.

Tags
defender
768K views 6K replies 536 participants last post by  SadKingBilly 
#1 ·
Well this Thread is a very popular thread on a couple other forums that I frequent. So, I thought I'd give it a go on here too..

I after a little Blasphemous session got my new windscreen and seal installed.

See less See more
#4,760 ·
As it was a rainy cool ish day here in Galveston I decided to tackle the leaking steering box on my D1, it had been dripping for about a year did add some of that Blue Devil stuff in but I guess it has its limits. The seal came out I two pieces and split.

If it wasn't a rainy day I could have taken a picture of about 2lts fuild that dumped just as I was backing into the garage.

Attachments

#4,766 ·
That would not have worked on mine. I had to drill completely through with gradually bigger bits until what was left I could chisel out the rest of the way.

This was on a southern California NAS with no rust, not even surface rust.

Attachments

#4,767 ·
Is the nut loose on the other side? Run the nut off and add some washers and back it out. It will come free.

#4,768 ·
Productive few day's...both of my front door lock cylinders would not actually unlock the doors....found both screws holding the cylinders in place were loose...I was going to replace with new handles I have but the cylinders would not fit deep enough inside...these are Puma doors but I think old style door locks...

Also replaced the main light switch and the turn signal stalk to get the headlamps working...LED headlamps come next...

#4,769 ·
I recently took my Nakatanenga seat rail extensions off on the drivers side. I am liking the original seat position again.

I might be selling those extensions in the future I just didn't take the passenger ones off yet.

Attachments

#4,770 ·
I’ve been wanting a RockWare for years and was happy to score one from Kent locally. My forearms get banged up enough already so off with the limb riser tabs. After some other localized touch up with an 80 grit flap disk, it was off for powder coating that turned out great. Picked the hottest day of the year to make the swap. You have to be impressed how high and tight the RockWare is. Great looking and functioning bumper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

------ Follow up post added July 21st, 2019 03:09 PM ------

------ Follow up post added July 21st, 2019 03:10 PM ------

#4,780 ·
Sometimes on a Sunday it's the little things...for some reason there were 2 holes in the center of the tailgate, prob some sort of badge....I had the LR Oval in the garage and was just a bit bigger then the two holes so covered them perfectly....removed the green plastic LR to the right of Defender...when I get the raised letter Defender I will right justify it so it looks symmetrical...now back to the hard messy wheel hubs come Monday...

I also think when it's time for an LED upgrade the big round lights for Fog & Back-up look a bit nicer...

Attachments

#4,786 ·
Picked up a 91 110 CSW RHD. 200Tdi. In progress doing initial checks. So far: front diff took 2 quarts (TWO!), replaced driver door hinges, got wiring straight so radio, tach, and oil gauge work. Put the wife to work on replacing headlamp surrounds and grille.