Defender Source Forum banner

What have you done to your Defender today.

Tags
defender
768K views 6K replies 536 participants last post by  SadKingBilly 
#1 ·
Well this Thread is a very popular thread on a couple other forums that I frequent. So, I thought I'd give it a go on here too..

I after a little Blasphemous session got my new windscreen and seal installed.

See less See more
#4,575 ·
What's with all the no picture pictures?

#4,576 ·
It's Photobucket committing commercial suicide. They don't allow 3rd party sites to make calls to your picture library anymore, unless you upgrade your account. That's basically the only reason people stayed with Photobucket - enthusiast site picture uploads etc. I suggest you upload images to Imgur in future.

#4,577 ·
Among other items tackled today I adjusted my bias springs for the lt77

That made a WORLD of difference. I always had grinding shifting from 2nd to 3rd and figured it was the syncros going but after the adjustment it is much better. A little grinding downshifting into 3rd but no where near as bad.

Took about 45m to an hour to get it right...a lot of back and forth but highly recommend it for anyone have similar issues.

#4,579 ·
#4,586 ·
After 13 years of ownership...

...I have finally fixed all the rattles in my dash!
Last week I finally had enough and completely removed my upper dash and ac unit and reinstalled.
I couldn’t believe how many bolts and screws were loose. The biggest improvement was adjusting the hood hinges and stops to remove all the slop.
It’s as solid/quiet as my LR3 going over bumps. Unbelievable!

#4,588 ·
New rear brake lines!

Special thanks to Britannica Restauratians! :thumb:

------ Follow up post added May 12th, 2018 03:22 PM ------

Finally got the broken front coil spring changed.

And the front brake callipers too!

#4,595 · (Edited)
Retrimmed my front seats

Got fed up with circa 1988 seats, dropping decomposing foam every time I sit down, and retrimmed them with Exmoor black vinyl trim kit (including brand new foams, of course). Old foam looked disgusting after I pulled the upholstery off....
Replaced plastic seat retainers while I was at it (only seem to be available available from LRI).
Sandblasted and powdercoated seat base, sandblasted and painted the seat rails with VHT, put brand new stainless bolts. Pretty happy with the end result.

#4,609 ·
White Freestyles

Finally got round toprepping & painting a spare set of Freestyles that have been sitting under the deck for 3 years. I’ll let them ‘set up’ for a week, then put a set of BF Goodrich 265/75’s on them.

They will go on when she is Portofino red with a Fuji White roof.

Attachments

#4,618 ·
Finally got round toprepping & painting a spare set of Freestyles that have been sitting under the deck for 3 years. I’ll let them ‘set up’ for a week, then put a set of BF Goodrich 265/75’s on them.

They will go on when she is Portofino red with a Fuji White roof.
Paul, what paint brand/color did you use? Any primer, or just scuff and spray?

#4,610 ·
Can't say enough about dry climate rovers! My first one, happens to be from south Africa. Pulled rear door threshold to clean up and paint. Always scary. In the past all the screw holes are stripped and rust hiding underneath. Pleasantly surprised. Found the cargo area to still have mirror finish and threshold looks new underneath. Truck originally burgundy, now satin tan.

Attachments