Defender Source Forum banner

What have you done to your Defender today.

Tags
defender
768K views 6K replies 536 participants last post by  SadKingBilly 
#1 ·
Well this Thread is a very popular thread on a couple other forums that I frequent. So, I thought I'd give it a go on here too..

I after a little Blasphemous session got my new windscreen and seal installed.

See less See more
#4,403 ·
Installed CSI Parts light Plinths

These (and yes he ships to USA direct)

Really nice quality, CNC Machined plinths for LED lights, lower profile then the plastic ones I bought with the Wipac kit, also 8x the cost.

Come in 3 finishes, went with Titanium

You can buy online and they come in 4-6 business days

Attachments

#4,404 ·
These (and yes he ships to USA direct)

Really nice quality, CNC Machined plinths for LED lights, lower profile then the plastic ones I bought with the Wipac kit, also 8x the cost.

Come in 3 finishes, went with Titanium

You can buy online and they come in 4-6 business days
Which LED lights did you go with?

#4,405 · (Edited)
I went with Wipac in stock size for the turns signals and running lights, I went with the larger Wipac fog and reverse light (pictured). I ended up cutting the connectors off and using weatherpacks but in hindsight I would've just added the factory connectors to the wiring (still would've nixed the bullet connectors though)

These are the correct female connectors

#4,407 ·

I have a bunch of those connectors. I can do them for $2.50 each.

I have the male side as well.

------ Follow up post added September 28th, 2017 06:39 PM ------

also, FWIW, I actually used a tap on the aluminum body to mount the turn signals, brake lights ect, there was plenty of material in the wings and rear tub to thread and I used stainless screws to secure them to the body. The wipac lights have a bit of foam on the back as well as well as being waterproof so water ingress is resolved

The stainless will eat away at the aluminum if you don't separate the two metals.

#4,423 ·
Busy day. Pulled hard top, rear door. Installed soft top front frame and header rail. Pvc top. Flip and folk seats, 4 point harness, side swing tailgate, removed gun mounts, fixed turn signals, checked/topped off all fluids. Think she's ready for Mar.

Attachments

#4,425 ·
Adam, truck looks great! RHD with the soft top sides down has a scary blind spot. Did you know: A Series wing mounted mirror fits perfectly into the aerial wing mounts (slot on the top) and makes for a great blind spot mirror that requires no drilling, and is LR branded so you can overpay for what it's really worth in order to get the true LR experience. You won't have to cut or weld anything to get it to fit straight out of the box, though, so I guess it isn't the TRUE LR experience.

#4,428 ·
Installed a Mudd bulkhead eliminator and seat slider extensions.

At 6'4" and 220, I now fit perfectly (well, as perfectly as you can in a Defender).