What Happend to Safari Gard? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old February 8th, 2006, 11:06 AM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
What Happend to Safari Gard?

I ordered a part from Safari Gard two weeks ago and have seen/heard nothing. Went out to their site yesterday and this morning to find their site is not working/existing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 8th, 2006, 11:16 AM
GeoParth
George Parthmer
1995/d-90 #2715 yellowST

uh oh - i have a tire rack on order from them. that is wierd, i called a few times and htey kept telling me that it would be in the mail the next day. hmmm - i better call my credit card company.
Old February 8th, 2006, 11:29 AM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Want me to stop ny on my way home today? It is like 400 yards out of my way so I have to charge you both.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 8th, 2006, 11:32 AM
1of40
1of40

Registry
I just spoke to someone at SG. Got their number from ECR 951-698-6114. The person I spoke to said something was being replaced with regard to their servers yesterday which was why the site was down. They are checking on my part and said will call back later today.

Follow-up Post:

Wouldn't hurt.
Old February 8th, 2006, 11:39 AM
GeoParth
George Parthmer
1995/d-90 #2715 yellowST

well, i hope that they are still around. maybe the wait time was legit. the part has been in powder-coat for an awful long time. i guess i am still a little skeptical. i hate to make anyone go 400 yds. out of their way, that sounds like it could be an awful hefty bill!
Old February 8th, 2006, 11:43 AM
1of40
1of40

Registry
Exactly, email your RFP to customerservice@sarfarigard.com
Old February 8th, 2006, 12:49 PM
WS2000
Levi Shepherd
1973 109

I just cancelled an order form SG. I will never order from them again. I had ordered 5 steel wheels in the beginning of December. I emailed them asking when the wheels would be shipped? Mary told me they would be shipped out on the second week of January. January passed with no word of when I would receive them. The only way I knew what was going on was when had called Mary. Even then she would tell me that it will be shipping out soon. Then the story changed to the manufactures where the ones not sending out the Rims. She would always say that "I will call or email you later today with the info" which she never would. Am I the only one that has received bad customer service from SG? I just donít think it should take over two months to receive 5 steel wheels. Has anyone ordered wheels from with Gulf Coast Rovers?
Old February 8th, 2006, 01:16 PM
oldscratchggf
nate
95 d90

Funny... I ordered a front drive line, and was told I should have recieved it this past Monday. No luck Monday, so I called, and I was told it hadn`t been shipped yet. I was told that they would ship it out that day (Monday), and send me a tracking number. No such luck, and I need the truck back on the road Friday.... I hope this doesn`t turn out like your wheel story
Old February 8th, 2006, 01:19 PM
Andrew Vick
Andrew Vick
95 D90

I would get on the horn NOW with your credit card companies and inform them what is going on. As many of you may know, I was told a rack was going to ship for months on end, and when I finally tried to contact the CC company and paypal, they wouldn't do a thing.

Don't get left holding the bag. There are too many other reliable suppliers out there.
Old February 8th, 2006, 01:26 PM
oldscratchggf
nate
95 d90

Sh*t. I just called SG and they provided me with a tracking number that mysteriously doesn`t work. I called back, and she said she`d "get back to me".
Old February 8th, 2006, 01:31 PM
jstrong98
Jon Strong

sounds like they took customer service lessons from LR Wilmington DE !

More to follow on these guys.

JS
Old February 8th, 2006, 01:47 PM
Eric N
Eric N
98 Disco

Quote:
Originally Posted by WS2000
I just cancelled an order form SG. I will never order from them again. I had ordered 5 steel wheels in the beginning of December. I emailed them asking when the wheels would be shipped? Mary told me they would be shipped out on the second week of January. January passed with no word of when I would receive them. The only way I knew what was going on was when had called Mary. Even then she would tell me that it will be shipping out soon. Then the story changed to the manufactures where the ones not sending out the Rims. She would always say that "I will call or email you later today with the info" which she never would. Am I the only one that has received bad customer service from SG? I just donít think it should take over two months to receive 5 steel wheels. Has anyone ordered wheels from with Gulf Coast Rovers?
Did they happen to say who the suplier was for those rims? Gulf Coast has always been good to me.. I've ordered rims from them and lugs.. They delivered when they said they would.. I believe that I talked to a lady named Mimi ( if I remember correctly ).. Only problem with the gulf coast rims is that they don't have the same width/size choices that SG does.. Would like to know who SG uses for their rims and see if they can be had directly from the source..
Old February 8th, 2006, 02:05 PM
WS2000
Levi Shepherd
1973 109

I think Mary had said Pro-Comp is the maker of the wheels. Pro-Comps web site does not list the correct bolt pattern though.
Old February 8th, 2006, 02:35 PM
1of40
1of40

Registry
I got a callback from Safari Gard w/my tracking number for the part I ordered. So it appears at this point things are still in some order over there, but maybe overwhelmed a bit.
Old February 8th, 2006, 03:10 PM
Joe P
Joe Pfeiffer
Black 97 D-90ST #0605

They are just changing the servers from what I have heard. I have never had any problems ordering from them, but then again I have nevered ordered a part that I needed to have by a specific time from them.

I ordered my rims from GCR and the whole transaction was great - had my rims within 1 week of placing the order. The GCR rims are American Racing which no longer makes those specific rims and the SG rims are from ProComp.
Old February 8th, 2006, 03:41 PM
Eric N
Eric N
98 Disco

Thanks for the info.. When I'm ready for some wider tires I'll give Pro Comp a call and see if they'll sell me them directly.. Anyone know anywhere else to get some 16x8 or 16x10 inch rims?
Old February 8th, 2006, 04:15 PM
Monkeyboy

I just talked with Mary at 800-820-GARD, and they're fine.

She's moving web content one page at a time to a new server - greek to me - and her phone service was not "forwarding" as expected over the weekend.

All are well per her report.

Best,

KAA
Old February 8th, 2006, 06:54 PM
snuffer
Randy Black
'95 D 90 SW

This is typical of SG. Search the forum for more info. My one and only order from them got to me in a reasonable amount of time but not when they said it would.

Marsh Racing Wheels can build you just about any kind of wheel you want for a Rover. Steel that is. Any backspace.
Old February 8th, 2006, 07:32 PM
JohnC
Giampaulo Cinquegrana
95 DI SR Extreme Kit - 94 RRC LWB
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuffer
This is typical of SG. Search the forum for more info. My one and only order from them got to me in a reasonable amount of time but not when they said it would.

Marsh Racing Wheels can build you just about any kind of wheel you want for a Rover. Steel that is. Any backspace.
Randy, can they make them hubcentric?
Old February 8th, 2006, 07:33 PM
Bozman
Greg
1991 200tdi D90

Registry
Me too . . .

I just cancelled an order from 4 weeks ago for some Tuffy products. This is the message I received back:

Original Message:
I will cancel your order and I apologize for the customer service, I am
handling several jobs right now as we are extremely understaffed and each
customer has not received the best care. We are working to increase our
staff thus improving customer service. Again, I apologize.

Doesn't sound good.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions