Defender Source Forum banner

What do you all think of this Defender 90?

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  globallandrovers 
#1 ·
Please remove if not allowed but I ran into this defender, I am a bit skeptical of the shiny paint and the conversion(being done right). But it seems to be in great shape and I have the opportunity to get this much lower than asking.

1985 Land Rover Defender 90 Diesel

#3 ·
Second no mask paint job posted here today. It would have taken them 5 minutes to remove the back door latch instead of spraying it. I would look at it in person and if you don't know what to look for I would make a friend here and take them with you. Also it says it has a 300Tdi yet they say it has 5 sylindere whatever that is. My instinct would be to run away but hey, it may be the best truck on the market. You never know till you see it in person.

#8 ·
That was the plan. after two days of trying to get high resolution photos of the interior, motor and problem areas i am going to let this one go. He also has zero history of the motor and conversion. It could be a really solid truck but the rush to get information before bidding is over has finally turned me against it.

That white defender is a really good looking vehicle but not sure how I feel about a soft top.

#6 ·
Why is the craigslist posting in Norwegian ??

#11 ·
Good question. If you find out how to fix, let me know. I've been searching craigslist this way for a few weeks and no idea how it happened and with a few failed attempts to correct it. But hey, I feel cultured.

------ Follow up post added December 8th, 2015 10:17 PM ------

Not a bad looking truck. Hard tops leak just like the soft ones do besides you live in FLA and a soft top is actually cooler I think.
I guess I need to get behind the wheel of a 2.5 NA and see how slow they really are and if I could live with that.

#7 · (Edited)
#13 ·
2.5 NA diesel

Living with one only until I upgrade.
When I did all the normal service and realized this is as good as it gets, I stopped laughing at how slow and loud a 2.5 NA is, but it doesn't quit on me and I get a lot of thumbs up as people pass me on the hills.
(At least I think those are thumbs up).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.