What dash is this for? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old June 26th, 2011, 04:10 AM
gravitysucks
Andy
94 D90

Registry
What dash is this for?

I bought this on here several months ago. It was advertised as a Safari Rover aluminum dash cowl for a D90. Well, I finally went to put it on tonight...and it isn't. If it is for a D90, it's missing a lot of holes and I'll need to cut for the steering support. So, if anyone knows what it actually supposed to fit, I'd like to be able advertise it as such.

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...7&d=1291485671
http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...6&d=1291485671

Looks nothing like Safari Rover's piece.
http://www.safarihp.com/defender/def...ment-pack.html

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 26th, 2011, 08:16 AM
James Pierce
James Pierce Jr.
1995 D90 SW #314, 59 SII 88 HT

Hey Andy,

I assumed it was for a D90 as that is what I purchased it as, and I did get it from Safari Rover. I never tried to install it and was unaware that it would not fit. If it is made incorrectly I'm sure Stephen will stand behind it. If you would like I will give him a call for you and give him a heads up so he'll know what is going on with it. Send me an email and I will help you get it straightened out.

I apologize for the inconvenience I had no idea it was defective. I would not try to mislead anyone.

James
james@eurorestorations.com
Old June 26th, 2011, 08:30 AM
sonoronos
Ed
None

Registry
Based on the shape, I would guess something along the lines of a reinforcing plate for a center dash console, like te mud uk or iron goat. Just a guess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 26th, 2011, 08:42 AM
James Pierce
James Pierce Jr.

Ed,

That must it, its definitely not what I purchased or what I sold it as:

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...referrerid=306

Andy,

I'm going to send Stephen an email with a link to this thread so we can get to the bottom of this.

JP
Old June 26th, 2011, 08:43 AM
Capt Milks
Mike
Defender V-8, Defender 2.25

Kinda looks like the gauge piece but I agree it could be for the MUD center console.
Old June 26th, 2011, 08:57 AM
kevkon
kevin
1994 D90 300tdi #730, SIII 88

http://www.mudstuff.co.uk/pop_up.htm...%20fitting.jpg
Old June 26th, 2011, 09:04 AM
James Pierce
James Pierce Jr.

Andy,

I think the simplest way to fix this would be for me so send you a refund and a shipping label so you can ship it directly back to Safari Rover. Then you can order the correct part from him.

Sorry for the inconvinece, I hope you realized the error before you completely disassembled the dash

James
Old June 26th, 2011, 10:00 AM
SafariHP
Safari Heritage Parts
1983 Defender 110

That would be a dash cowl for a Series III. For sure its our screw up. Please email me your ship to address, I'll send you the proper one and a return label to send the wrong item back. The proper cowl can leave tomorrow as long as I have the address info by 4pm tomorrow. Please either email me your info at stephen@safarihp.com or give me a call on my mobile 407.782.7713 and I'll get it straight.

Sorry about that. New guy shipping and poor instruction on my part.

I to hope you realized the fault before the dash was completly taken apart.
Old June 26th, 2011, 11:11 AM
James Pierce
James Pierce Jr.

Thank you Stephen! Excellent service as always!
Old June 26th, 2011, 12:59 PM
gravitysucks
Andy
94 D90

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamespierce View Post
Hey Andy,

I assumed it was for a D90 as that is what I purchased it as, and I did get it from Safari Rover. I never tried to install it and was unaware that it would not fit. If it is made incorrectly I'm sure Stephen will stand behind it. If you would like I will give him a call for you and give him a heads up so he'll know what is going on with it. Send me an email and I will help you get it straightened out.

I apologize for the inconvenience I had no idea it was defective. I would not try to mislead anyone.

James
james@eurorestorations.com
Wow, I go to sleep and wake to find all this! Absolutely not a problem James, and thank you for the help! I was just going to figure out what it was and put it back up for sale, then get a hold of Stephen and buy another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafariResto View Post
That would be a dash cowl for a Series III. For sure its our screw up. Please email me your ship to address, I'll send you the proper one and a return label to send the wrong item back. The proper cowl can leave tomorrow as long as I have the address info by 4pm tomorrow. Please either email me your info at stephen@safarihp.com or give me a call on my mobile 407.782.7713 and I'll get it straight.

Sorry about that. New guy shipping and poor instruction on my part.

I to hope you realized the fault before the dash was completely taken apart.
Again, many thanks. I'll send you my address. As for the dash, well it was already coming out to fix a few other things so it wasn't a big deal. This is the first time in a few years that I don't have any broken bones or other physical reasons why I can't regularly drive the Rover so I've been doing a little maintenance on it. Not sure I should call new head gaskets a little maintenance, but it was an easy swap.

...and email sent, thank you.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
dash