what could I get for my tires and rims? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old November 20th, 2003, 08:22 AM
Rick Carlisle
Rick Carlisle
1997 Alpine White D-90 SW

what could I get for my tires and rims?

I have been working on my 90 to get it like I want it and one of the more obvious things is changing the tires and rims out. I've always wanted to go with a larger tire and black rims for my white truck.
The problem is the current tire/rim combo on my truck looks brand new. The tires are BFG AT T/A KO 265/75/16 with stock alloys. The tires came on the truck when I purchased it so I don't know the exact mileage but almost half a penny disappears in the tread. And there are no scratches I can find on the rims.
Does anyone have an opinion on what i could get for my current tire/rim combo? If it seemed like an ok price, that would help make my decision.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Rick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 20th, 2003, 09:49 AM
Glenn_Guinto
Glenn Guinto
94LWB; 99D1; 06RR S/C

Registry
Talking I'll give you $100 ?

Kidding aside, I sold my Tornado alloys two years ago off of my Disco (same as stock D90) for $300 without the tires. The condition is fairly decent with the exception of one minor curb rash.

The problem is, you have a limited market. Those things, in general, only appeal to the folks that are putting their trucks back to stock (IMHO). Although, that might be to your advantage if you find one and just do a swap with their monster tires. I know Troy here from this board is putting his 90 back to stock, maybe he'll pitch in on this topic.

Good luck!

-Glenn
Old November 20th, 2003, 10:56 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

$50 a wheel at maybe another $50 a tire (depending on tread left)

Ron
Advertisement

Old November 20th, 2003, 03:57 PM
scot
Scot Yount
95 Coniston Green D-90 SW

Acutally...this board is a poor place to try to unload the stock rims and tires because almost everyone who comes here is looking to beef up their rig. That said...ACCIDENTS, happen...and some folks (who probably don't come here at all) might want to replace their ruined rims with good used stock ones instead of (yikes) new ones from the factory...they should be made of gold for what they cost. Try things like craig's list and even Ebay.
Old November 20th, 2003, 04:12 PM
Troys
Troy Smith
1995 D90 SW

Tires and Rims

In October I purchased 5 stock alloys in very good condition for $350.00. This included 4 used un-mounted 265 BFG A/T (50% tread remaining) and lug nuts. For what it's worth, they were on ebay and not posted on this site at all.

Troy
Old November 20th, 2003, 09:40 PM
Rick Carlisle
Rick Carlisle

Thanks for the responses. A good point about most people here would not want them. I will try eBay and Craig's list...if I can find out what that is.
Old November 20th, 2003, 11:34 PM
tbmcneill

rick-
as glenn mentioned, i'd be interested. that said, to be honest with (as has been mentioned), you'll probably do better on ebay or the like.

however, if you're looking to just move them, shoot me an email & maybe we can work something out.
T
Old November 21st, 2003, 07:24 AM
Rick Carlisle
Rick Carlisle

I sent you something Troy.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
rims, tire, tires