Defender Source Forum banner

What are these connectors used for?

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  diesel_jim 
#1 · (Edited)
These female connectors extend from the factory wire harness on the left and right side. They are not used for the running, marker, side, or directional lights. Thoughts? The rig is a 94' NAS D-90

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
They are probably used for some euro-beam setup. I've worked on a truck that was imported from somewhere that had HID's (from what I remember), but also had the setup for non-HID headlamps. If you poke around, you'll find lots of unused connectors in these things.

#3 ·
On euro trucks, you often find extra connections for, headlamp levelling, extra horn, alarm sounder/BBUS. maybe the same for NAS?

Headlamp levelling would be my first thought. Have a look behind the dash, should be a plug, 4 or 5 way I think, long thin "in a row" pin layout. the levelling switch is a rotary one, with 0,1,2,3 on it.

#4 ·
On euro trucks, you often find extra connections for, headlamp levelling, extra horn, alarm sounder/BBUS. maybe the same for NAS?

Headlamp levelling would be my first thought. Have a look behind the dash, should be a plug, 4 or 5 way I think, long thin "in a row" pin layout. the levelling switch is a rotary one, with 0,1,2,3 on it.
Sounds like you guys had some interesting options. I'll try to chase it down the behind the dash. Also interesting was the higher quality of the plug. Not shown is the neoprene gasket inside.

Attachments

#7 ·
Good eye, and I was completing this very mod, but those connectors are for something else. The green wire in the top picture is the "+ signal" feet to the OEM 94' bumper turn signal. To convert the lower marker light into a turn signal is simply plugging the light's "+ red" to the green wire. They use the same OEM barrel connectors. 2 minutes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.