What and Where? - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old November 27th, 2014, 08:44 PM
LuisC
Luis Constantin
98 Disvovery 1 LE

Registry
If you want a diesel, get a diesel.

The money you save on installing another V8 will be consumed by the fuel cost especially if gas goes back up.

The extra expense of converting to diesel will be recouped over a period of time depending on how much you drive. The more you drive, the faster you recover that cost.
Advertisement

Old November 28th, 2014, 03:14 AM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
Like others have said - Diesel = range and fuel economy. You can get 400+ miles out of a tank of gas. Enough said.
Old November 28th, 2014, 10:53 PM
RBBailey
RBBailey
1965 IIa

Registry
Put it this way, I'm basically on the hunt for a new engine. They are out there, but once I find the right one, I'll know it. If it's a Tdi, then I'll go for it. If it happens to be a 4.2/4.6 then I'll go that way.

I need to figure out a budget though.......

The input on the dash is a good thought, Jeff. I have two worries about sticking with the NAS/Saudi Spec version. First, parts. Seems as if that route is going to be more difficult to source. Second, the plastic dash and vents are very, very flimsy... just not sure I want to go through the time and expense only to have something that is actually pretty crap in the end.

I saw a 110 this summer that used a Chevy A/C system. Looked almost exactly like the Rover knee cooler version, but was a bit better air flow and a bit smaller profile.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions