Weird water leak - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old November 17th, 2013, 08:46 PM
ArmyRover
Bill Ski
83 110 "Frankenstein"

Weird water leak

So my passenger side door top is leaking. I know big surprise right.

The strange part is it's filling the window slider track and cascading out like my own personnel water fall.

Thoughts on what I need to do to fix this?

Unknown Author

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
716-898-8153
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 17th, 2013, 09:24 PM
ArmyRover
Bill Ski
83 110 "Frankenstein"

Where are the drains? I'm guessing in the window slide track?

Unknown Author

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
716-898-8153
Old November 17th, 2013, 09:26 PM
Brewie212
Brian Kandefer
1957 107 wagon, 94 arles St, 101 FC

Also might need to reseat the gutters. I had the same issue, where the gutters would leak to the inside of an when you start to move there is a waterfall in your lap. There is a 3m product that that you can use that will solve the issue if it's not something else.
Advertisement

Old November 17th, 2013, 09:57 PM
Broncoduecer
peter
D90

That was some pretty crazy rain in Chicago. My relatives sent me pics.
Old November 17th, 2013, 10:47 PM
ArmyRover
Bill Ski
83 110 "Frankenstein"

Yes it was and I was out working in the driveway in it.

Run wiring, get hit by vinyl siding, collect siding, go back to wiring get hit by more siding...

Run to the hardware store, find a tree blocking the road into town, hook recovery strap to tree and 110 drag tree off the road, into 2 feet of water in the ditch that didn't look that deep, pray half bald front tires have enough bite to get you out of the ditch, get out of ditch and on the road. Then stopped by a cop and reprimanded for moving the tree, ask if he would have preferred I left it in the road, Dad laughs at annoyed cop, cop lets us leave....

Get home and back to work, rain comes sideways while welding. Move welding work into the garage, get asked by neighbor if I plan to keep working outside during a Tornado.... Keep working Never saw the Tornado just heavy wind and sideways rain.

It was a good day of wrenching lol.

Not sure what you mean by re-seating the gutters, is this a remove the door top job?

edit: for those wondering if a TerraFirma bumper is stout, I used it as the recovery pont for what was around a 30 foot tall tree about 16 inches in diameter.

Unknown Author

716-898-8153
Old November 17th, 2013, 10:56 PM
Brewie212
Brian Kandefer
1957 107 wagon, 94 arles St, 101 FC

You don't have to take the top off to reseal it. What happens is that when it rains water seeps between the cracks and gets on the inside channel. Which causes the water flow to what looks like the door seals, but it's the upper inside channel. Just clean the outside gutters and fill with the 3m product and it seals them up so that nothing leaks to the inside channel.
Old November 18th, 2013, 01:05 AM
akrockhound
Jack
1988 RHD 110

Registry
3M product

I am just passing this along - I have not done this myself. the 3M product I am told is the urethane sealant used to install new windshields. This stuff tends to flow into all kinds of tiny cracks before it cures.

part # 08693 for the 10.5 oz cartridge
Old November 18th, 2013, 11:38 AM
ArmyRover
Bill Ski
83 110 "Frankenstein"

Thanks guys.

AK thanks for the part number I'll see if I can find it locally.

Unknown Author

716-898-8153

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
water