Webasto 2000 install question 110 dcpu - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old December 9th, 2013, 09:37 AM
gomotomoto
adam
None

Webasto 2000 install question 110 dcpu

Can anyone point me to a thread that shows the full webasto install? I've done about an hour of searching and nothing really coming up specific for the defenders.

If it doesn't exist, I'm looking for the following if anyone can help:

1. best location for the heater unit itself. I'd imagine this is going to be under the rear seats. Not sure if there's a better side to place it. Perhaps the middle seat?

2. fuel pick up. Is there any way to draw from the trucks fuel source without dropping the tank? I don't want to mess with the lines as they are pressurized. However, is it logical to think I can tap the filler neck and run a line down into the tank. I'd of course take the filler neck out to do this.

3. Photos of the unit installed. If there's no comprehensive thread already posted up, can someone take some pics of their webasto system and show where they have it mounted, and the fuel pump placed?

any help appreciated. Want to get this thing in my truck asap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 9th, 2013, 10:44 AM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomotomoto View Post
Can anyone point me to a thread that shows the full webasto install? I've done about an hour of searching and nothing really coming up specific for the defenders.

If it doesn't exist, I'm looking for the following if anyone can help:

1. best location for the heater unit itself. I'd imagine this is going to be under the rear seats. Not sure if there's a better side to place it. Perhaps the middle seat?

Put it under the rear seat with the air intake facing the door (LHD) and the heat output facing the center of the trruck

2. fuel pick up. Is there any way to draw from the trucks fuel source without dropping the tank? I don't want to mess with the lines as they are pressurized. However, is it logical to think I can tap the filler neck and run a line down into the tank. I'd of course take the filler neck out to do this.

Dropping the tank takes about 1 hour..... The fuel lines are easy to deal with once you have done it a few times.... You can tap the filler neck if you want.. If you go that route mount it on the Right hand side of the truck.

3. Photos of the unit installed. If there's no comprehensive thread already posted up, can someone take some pics of their webasto system and show where they have it mounted, and the fuel pump placed?

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=18347 this truck is a little rough but you get the idea. I did not have to remove my seat to install it.

any help appreciated. Want to get this thing in my truck asap.

It takes about 4 hours to do it. When you drill the floor have a hole saw and a jig saw. Use the templates that should have came with it.
Old December 9th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

I'm about to install a Thermotop C and I'd really like to see photos of the pick up installed on the fuel tank. I have searched the internets but come up with nothing.
Advertisement

Old December 9th, 2013, 12:31 PM
gomotomoto
adam
None

Tom, can you snap off a few cell phone pics of your airtop? would be helpful to see the heater unit itself, the fuel pump and looks like Mnimal would like to see how you tied into your fuel tank.
Old December 9th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Red90
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manimal View Post
I'm about to install a Thermotop C and I'd really like to see photos of the pick up installed on the fuel tank. I have searched the internets but come up with nothing.
Do you want one for a 90 (this thread is for a 110)? Side or rear tank? This is my side tank pickup. Simply drilled a hole and welded a new 1/4" tube next to the main one.

Land Rover. Turning owners into mechanics since 1948.
Old December 9th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

Ideally a shot of a NAS 90 rear tank as thats what I have. I have heard that there is a 'nipple' there that can be cut and used as an installation point but I have yet to take a look. Thanks!
Old December 9th, 2013, 01:53 PM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

Read through this. About page 3 you will see a pick up tube through the neck.

http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic7878-30.html
Old December 11th, 2013, 04:57 AM
overlandbirds

Mine is installed right in the middle of the rear footwell. Mounted on the vertical face of the footwell directly behind the centre cubby box. As i'm in a diesel i take the fuel off the spil return pipe. HTH

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
110, 2000