weather stripping - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old April 19th, 2004, 04:14 PM
jstrong98
Jon Strong

weather stripping

Just removed my hard-top and am going topless for the time being. Removed the weather stripping around the door and I'm not sure if there is something that is supposed to replace it.

I have a box of LR weather stripping that came with the truck, but if its not needed, I'll save it for when the weather is cold.

Thanks

JS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 19th, 2004, 04:25 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

I think there should be some stuck to the soft top, at least thats how mine is.
Old April 20th, 2004, 01:08 PM
Burke
Burke Bell
'94 NAS D90 #158

Registry
Jon, there should be weather stripping from top of the windshield down to the floor and from the top of the tub down on the back side of the doors. I bought a HT from a guy a couple of years ago and it had it's own weather stripping that came with it. I had to pull the original 1/2 stripping from the 90 and put the full wrap around stripping that came with the HT. Whoever originally put the HT on may have trashed the original stripping, but it should be available from Rovers North, Atlantic British etc. Or you could cut the HT stripping. That HT stripping is probably hard to find so I wouldn't reccomend that. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need pics.
Advertisement

Old April 20th, 2004, 01:28 PM
Eric Siepmann
Eric W. Siepmann
1997 Defender 90 SW

Quote:
Originally posted by Burke
That HT stripping is probably hard to find so I wouldn't reccomend that. Hope this helps.
The Station Wagon one piece weather strip is stocked by Rovers North, and is fairly common. I think it is around 125 per door. It is a large U shaped seal with a sealing side and a built in trim effect. I would not suggest cutting it to fit a ST door, as you can buy those from RN as well and I believe they're much cheaper.

Try George at RDS, as he is usually cheaper and you get the d-90 discount there.

EwS

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
trip