Warn XD9000i in ARB brush bar... - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old June 14th, 2004, 01:21 PM
Trigger
Tony Fannin
'94 D-90 #491

Warn XD9000i in ARB brush bar...

I'm getting close to completing the rebuild of my D-90 after the accident. Now I'm down to the final bits. When it gets back from paint I'll be attaching the ARB with a Warn XD9000i. The problem is I don't see how the winch mounts in the ARB and I can't find any info other than I need a 'special spacer' to install it in the ARB. Does the XD9000i get installed laying on its 'back' or does the spacer get it sitting upright? Does anyone know what this spacer looks like and how it fits? I'll just fab my own but need a pointer as to what to fabricate. A picture would go a long way to helping me figure this one out...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 14th, 2004, 01:51 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Hey Tony, you lay the 9000 on its back mounting the bottom to the front holes of the ARB, you need to use a 'special spacer' to push the 9000 about 1/2 to 1" to the drivers side, at least on mine you have too as the motor sticks out too far to allow you to mount the winch to the holes on the ARB. I know its a pain but if you put it in the ARB you will see what I mean.
Old June 15th, 2004, 12:26 AM
Trigger
Tony Fannin
'94 D-90 #491

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hippert
Hey Tony, you lay the 9000 on its back mounting the bottom to the front holes of the ARB, you need to use a 'special spacer' to push the 9000 about 1/2 to 1" to the drivers side, at least on mine you have too as the motor sticks out too far to allow you to mount the winch to the holes on the ARB. I know its a pain but if you put it in the ARB you will see what I mean.
I looked at it again and found I didn't need to make any mods to fit it. It fit right in on its back. The bolt holes lined up for the fairlead and all. It looks like ARB may have made a mod to the design I didn't notice. There is an arc cutout right where I assume you said your motor would rub. It was a piece of cake. Now I've got to find a couple beefy friends to help me heft this baby on later this week.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
90, d90