want to swap parking brake sides 90/110 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old September 17th, 2010, 08:52 PM
discotdi
Todd Miller
Land Rover

want to swap parking brake sides 90/110

anyone here ever swapped the parking brake lever from one side to the other? I am pretty tall and the lever on my rhd 110 is really in my way. I thought perhaps it would be simple to move it to the Left side.
any thoughts/

THx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 17th, 2010, 09:52 PM
RiftRover
Mike Barnett

I am about to swap mine as part of the LHD conversion. Looks like a matter of drilling the required holes on the other side (two bolts and one for the cable). The cable is long enough to reach either side. I have my seat box off the truck, but you should be able to access it through the panel in the middle of the seat box.
Old September 17th, 2010, 10:03 PM
discotdi
Todd Miller
Land Rover

cool, I was wondering about the cable length. I assume the handbrake lever is the same for either side?
How is the LHD conversion going? I am trying to decide if I want to spend the money to do it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 18th, 2010, 06:44 AM
diesel_jim
Jamie Austin
1992 110 Td5 CSW & 1989 MB G-Wagen

Another popular conversion (over here anyway) is to fit a disco/rangie type handbrake lever, it sits on "top" of the seatbox, poking forward, Here it is
Old September 18th, 2010, 09:48 PM
RiftRover
Mike Barnett

Quote:
Originally Posted by discotdi View Post
cool, I was wondering about the cable length. I assume the handbrake lever is the same for either side?
How is the LHD conversion going? I am trying to decide if I want to spend the money to do it.
The LHD conversion is done, but for some reason i decided to dismantle the entire truck and paint it piece by piece before putting it back together. That part is taking a little longer... I say go for it on the conversion - it's not too hard and will probably make it easier to sell when the time comes.
Old September 19th, 2010, 12:21 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_jim View Post
Another popular conversion (over here anyway) is to fit a disco/rangie type handbrake lever, it sits on "top" of the seatbox, poking forward, Here it is
I knew I saved that RRC handbrake lever for a reason!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
110, 90, brake, sides