Want to put LR2 seats in a D90, anyone done it? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old October 13th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Want to put LR2 seats in a D90, anyone done it?

Hi yall! It's Neil again, been busy lately from the rover world but I scored a nice set up 2007 LR2 seats from some guy in Simi Valley. They are practically brand new and I want to replace my Corbeau racing seats with them. My question basically is the electrical wiring to make the seats work. I already found the power leads (thickest wires) and I'm wondering if I just put 12 volts to them to make the seat work, looking for wiring schematics right now but just curious if the whole thing will work (minus airbags, seat heaters etc) by just powering the power leads. Don't want to provide power to the airbag cylinder that has german writing all over it........

Thanks all!

PS, some pics of chairs, was trying to upload pics of some chick that passed out in my lr3 but its too big hehe
Attached Images

Robert Deniro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 13th, 2008, 06:19 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

Check with Ron Peppard, he put a set of Olds Bravada seats in his old 90. I think there is a write up on it.

Old October 13th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Oh yah I saw that write up before, I'll send him a pm and look at that write up again. Thanks.

Robert Deniro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 14th, 2008, 07:38 AM
pmd
Paul Dandini
None :-(

I had a set of Ricaro seats in my D90 at one time.
The previous owner had welded a 3/8" x 1" bar to the bottom of the seats brackets.
The bar was pretty much flush to the bottom of the seat - I think he may have added a gusset or two for strength.
The 1" bar had holes drilled in that matched the mounting holes in the D90.
The seats fit fine - the only problem I had was that you had to unbolt the seats to get into the seat box/battery.

Not sure if this helps - but good luck.

Follow-up Post:

memory failure ... I just looked at an old picture the bar was more like 3/16" x 1.25"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
90, d90, seats