There should be :
1. a large piece that goes the width of the windscreen that the soft top clips into
2. Horizontal bars: two square bars that go above the two doors
3. Tailgate clips: two plastic clips that go on the tub, on either side of the rear tailgate.
4. Tailgate bar: bar that goes across the tailgate and connects to the rear window.
5. Alpine bow: goes across the roll cage in the back.
The instructions for a 97 show a couple of other parts that I didn't have or need with my 95 like the vertical rods. Here are the instructions that I found in the tech articles section: http://www.defendersource.com/tech/d90top.pdf
Hope this helps, and hope I didn't miss anything.