voltage regulator - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old May 4th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Marc-Andre Leger
94D90 CDN#18 http://rover.leger.ca
voltage regulator

Where is the voltage regulator located in the 1994 NAS D90 ?

I need to replace the regulator that is, I think in the 100A Marelli alternator to rewire for my dual battery setup, but I'm not sure how to proceed. I have an external regulator as well as the battery isolator. I figured out the wiring from the electrical schematics I have, I just need to figure out how to disable the existing regulator !

Old May 4th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Daniel Hayes
1994 Defender 90 Soft Top
As I understand it, the regulator is internal to the alternator. The regulator can be replaced on my 60amp; I'm not certain the layout of the 100amp.
94D90 NAS 3.9 LT77 LT230T Soft Top

There are no guarantees expressed or implied of the accuracy or correctness of the contents of this message, and the Author is not liable for the taking of any action in reliance upon the contents of this message. As always, do your own research. To the extent that opinions are expressed in this message, they are not necessarily the opinions of the Author.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions