Vinyl Letters - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old August 9th, 2012, 03:47 PM
BMGmotors
Baird M. Gehring
1997 D90 ST #1558

Registry
Vinyl Letters

I need to stick my V8 badges back on the sides of my two front fender assemblies, as well as the vinyl lettering that says Land Rover on the grill surround. Does anybody know how I can make sure the V8 badges go on centered in the same place as the factory put them? I guess I would need to know the dimensions from the badge to the bulkhead, the door sill and the inner part of the fender behind the front wheel. As for the lettering on the grill panel I guess I should just make sure it's centered, straight and go for it? Kerning those letters makes me a bit nervous. Anybody know of a particular method for applying these vinyl letters? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 9th, 2012, 05:25 PM
ukoffroad
Chuck Yarbrough
67 IIA

Clean the area well, not like LR ever did much precision work on any of these. I think a photo would suffice.
Old August 10th, 2012, 12:35 AM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Use some masking tape to layout a box/border and then you can just stick on the decal without worrying it's not centered.

And do yourself a huge favor...skip those hideous raised letters on the grill and go with one of these:
http://www.lrseries.com/shop/product...20decal&page=1
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 10th, 2012, 12:48 AM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind
Use some masking tape to layout a box/border and then you can just stick on the decal without worrying it's not centered.

And do yourself a huge favor...skip those hideous raised letters on the grill and go with one of these:
http://www.lrseries.com/shop/product...20decal&page=1
Not NAS 90 correct. The truck is ruined!!!!!
Old August 10th, 2012, 01:17 AM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
Not NAS 90 correct. The truck is ruined!!!!!
Ha! Figured you'd say that (even in jest). But come on....those silly raised letters do sort of look like they were purchased at Home Depot and stuck on there. The other style at least has some retro character.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old August 10th, 2012, 01:20 AM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Home depot style like the rear lights on my 94. NAS correct!
Old August 10th, 2012, 01:26 AM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
Home depot style like the rear lights on my 94. NAS correct!
Actually that is correct too...I've got one of those generic square lights that came from Autozone or a trailer place or something...it is the damn same thing. And I do hate those square lights, round 95/97 are much better.

I'd ask if you were the "NAS Nazi", but...well, you know . Too soon? It's been since 1945...
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old August 10th, 2012, 01:37 AM
BMGmotors
Baird M. Gehring
1997 D90 ST #1558

Registry
Thanks!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
vin, vinyl