Vin Plate - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old March 22nd, 2016, 05:12 PM
User Name
User
NAS D90 '95

Question Vin Plate

Does anyone know if the metal vin plate on the driver side windshield can be reordered for a NAS 95 ST? Mine was lost by the shop when they replaced the windshield.............
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 22nd, 2016, 07:03 PM
Way of Life
Randy
1988 Defender D110

Registry
Yes they can I've bought 3 different ones from this place, look factory.
He does it all, Can be supplied plain, stamped or engraved with the chassis number.
Here is the link,

Contact Us - SHOPPING Chassis & VIN Plate
Old March 22nd, 2016, 08:20 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by User Name View Post
Does anyone know if the metal vin plate on the driver side windshield can be reordered for a NAS 95 ST? Mine was lost by the shop when they replaced the windshield.............
Supposedly you can order through the dealer. I've had one on order through my local LR dealer for 3 months now. They didn't seem to have an issue doing it.

Thanks for the link though, I just ordered one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 22nd, 2016, 08:25 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Scroll down this page and you'll see Contact Us - SHOPPING Chassis & VIN Plate a windscreen/shield tag
Old March 23rd, 2016, 10:43 AM
User Name
User
NAS D90 '95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Way of Life View Post
Yes they can I've bought 3 different ones from this place, look factory.
He does it all, Can be supplied plain, stamped or engraved with the chassis number.
Here is the link,

Contact Us - SHOPPING Chassis & VIN Plate

does that place actually have it with a "factory" look including the land rover logo?

------ Follow up post added March 23rd, 2016 10:45 AM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Fabrication View Post
Supposedly you can order through the dealer. I've had one on order through my local LR dealer for 3 months now. They didn't seem to have an issue doing it.

Thanks for the link though, I just ordered one.

I tried to ask one of the dealerships and they didn't have any idea. I guess I spoke to a less than reliable person....
Old March 23rd, 2016, 11:16 AM
Roverenvy
Michael
1994 Defender 90

Registry
I ordered one from my Land Rover dealership last year after ULC famously lost mine also. The first time I inquired about ordering one, the parts desk had NO idea what I was talking about. I had to threaten to call the district / region LR rep.....before they figured it out. It took a couple of months, but it came in and was only a few dollars. While a hassle for sure, way easier than I had feared it might. Good luck.
Old March 23rd, 2016, 11:25 AM
User Name
User
NAS D90 '95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roverenvy View Post
I ordered one from my Land Rover dealership last year after ULC famously lost mine also. The first time I inquired about ordering one, the parts desk had NO idea what I was talking about. I had to threaten to call the district / region LR rep.....before they figured it out. It took a couple of months, but it came in and was only a few dollars. While a hassle for sure, way easier than I had feared it might. Good luck.

thanks for the help! can I do this over the phone or do I need to do it person with my registration / them looking at the vin on the chassis?
Old March 23rd, 2016, 12:04 PM
Roverenvy
Michael
1994 Defender 90

Registry
That's hard to say, probably depends on the dealership. I just happened to have bought my defender from my dealership, so there was a good record of the vin / ownership. That did seem to make things easier for them. I'd imagine otherwise they'd be responsible for verifying the authenticity of the vin plate.
Old March 23rd, 2016, 12:07 PM
User Name
User
NAS D90 '95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roverenvy View Post
That's hard to say, probably depends on the dealership. I just happened to have bought my defender from my dealership, so there was a good record of the vin / ownership. That did seem to make things easier for them. I'd imagine otherwise they'd be responsible for verifying the authenticity of the vin plate.

Thank you! I'll try the link and the dealership again.
Old March 23rd, 2016, 12:11 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Why would your VIN plate have been removed to replace a windshield?
Old March 23rd, 2016, 01:28 PM
User Name
User
NAS D90 '95

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
Why would your VIN plate have been removed to replace a windshield?

I'm guessing it was in the way or they broke it off... I have no idea but, it is a flimsy piece of metal. We replaced the windshield with a heated version.
Old March 24th, 2016, 09:07 AM
User Name
User
NAS D90 '95

The reply I got from that website on if it came with the LR Logo: "No. Land Rover will not allow us to add the logo as it is copyright and trademarked protected. It’s a 12.5mm strip of polished alloy with your number embossed on it."
Old March 24th, 2016, 09:20 AM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by User Name View Post
The reply I got from that website on if it came with the LR Logo: "No. Land Rover will not allow us to add the logo as it is copyright and trademarked protected. Itís a 12.5mm strip of polished alloy with your number embossed on it."
Don't bother going this route for a NAS.
Old March 24th, 2016, 09:17 PM
User Name
User
NAS D90 '95

spoke to a different dealership today. they said they can do it for free!! that doesn't come without pain though.... it takes about 12 weeks. you have to go to the dealership in person with all the proper papers, then they fill out some forms stating the trucks authenticity and registration, then they order it from LR UK, LR UK then runs a DMV check through your state, then they send it out, then you have to go back to the dealership to pick it up in person. Mind blown.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
vin