Vin Plate - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old March 22nd, 2016, 05:12 PM
User Name
Status: Offline
User
NAS D90 '95
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 177
Question Vin Plate

Does anyone know if the metal vin plate on the driver side windshield can be reordered for a NAS 95 ST? Mine was lost by the shop when they replaced the windshield.............
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old March 22nd, 2016, 07:03 PM
Way of Life's Avatar
Way of Life
Status: Offline
Randy
1988 Defender D110
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 86
Registry
Yes they can I've bought 3 different ones from this place, look factory.
He does it all, Can be supplied plain, stamped or engraved with the chassis number.
Here is the link,

Contact Us - SHOPPING Chassis & VIN Plate
__________________
Land Rover Defenders. 65 years heritage, minimal appearance changes, still going strong all over the world. Not a fashion vehicle, but fashionable to own. Made for the needy, not the greedy.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old March 22nd, 2016, 08:20 PM
Wolf Fabrication's Avatar
Wolf Fabrication
Status: Offline
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oahu, HI
Posts: 7,453
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by User Name View Post
Does anyone know if the metal vin plate on the driver side windshield can be reordered for a NAS 95 ST? Mine was lost by the shop when they replaced the windshield.............
Supposedly you can order through the dealer. I've had one on order through my local LR dealer for 3 months now. They didn't seem to have an issue doing it.

Thanks for the link though, I just ordered one.
__________________
"The most unreliable car in the world is the most reliable car in the world." -Jeremy Clarkson refering to the Range Rover


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old March 22nd, 2016, 08:25 PM
Rocky's Avatar
Rocky
Status: Offline
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Colonies Aka Boston
Posts: 8,764
Scroll down this page and you'll see Contact Us - SHOPPING Chassis & VIN Plate a windscreen/shield tag
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old March 23rd, 2016, 10:43 AM
User Name
Status: Offline
User
NAS D90 '95
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Way of Life View Post
Yes they can I've bought 3 different ones from this place, look factory.
He does it all, Can be supplied plain, stamped or engraved with the chassis number.
Here is the link,

Contact Us - SHOPPING Chassis & VIN Plate

does that place actually have it with a "factory" look including the land rover logo?

------ Follow up post added March 23rd, 2016 10:45 AM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Fabrication View Post
Supposedly you can order through the dealer. I've had one on order through my local LR dealer for 3 months now. They didn't seem to have an issue doing it.

Thanks for the link though, I just ordered one.


I tried to ask one of the dealerships and they didn't have any idea. I guess I spoke to a less than reliable person....
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old March 23rd, 2016, 11:16 AM
Roverenvy's Avatar
Roverenvy
Status: Offline
Michael
1994 Defender 90
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 384
Registry
I ordered one from my Land Rover dealership last year after ULC famously lost mine also. The first time I inquired about ordering one, the parts desk had NO idea what I was talking about. I had to threaten to call the district / region LR rep.....before they figured it out. It took a couple of months, but it came in and was only a few dollars. While a hassle for sure, way easier than I had feared it might. Good luck.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old March 23rd, 2016, 11:25 AM
User Name
Status: Offline
User
NAS D90 '95
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roverenvy View Post
I ordered one from my Land Rover dealership last year after ULC famously lost mine also. The first time I inquired about ordering one, the parts desk had NO idea what I was talking about. I had to threaten to call the district / region LR rep.....before they figured it out. It took a couple of months, but it came in and was only a few dollars. While a hassle for sure, way easier than I had feared it might. Good luck.


thanks for the help! can I do this over the phone or do I need to do it person with my registration / them looking at the vin on the chassis?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old March 23rd, 2016, 12:04 PM
Roverenvy's Avatar
Roverenvy
Status: Offline
Michael
1994 Defender 90
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 384
Registry
That's hard to say, probably depends on the dealership. I just happened to have bought my defender from my dealership, so there was a good record of the vin / ownership. That did seem to make things easier for them. I'd imagine otherwise they'd be responsible for verifying the authenticity of the vin plate.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old March 23rd, 2016, 12:07 PM
User Name
Status: Offline
User
NAS D90 '95
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roverenvy View Post
That's hard to say, probably depends on the dealership. I just happened to have bought my defender from my dealership, so there was a good record of the vin / ownership. That did seem to make things easier for them. I'd imagine otherwise they'd be responsible for verifying the authenticity of the vin plate.

Thank you! I'll try the link and the dealership again.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old March 23rd, 2016, 12:11 PM
bjf's Avatar
bjf
Status: Online
barry f
94 ST #395
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,958
Why would your VIN plate have been removed to replace a windshield?
__________________
Quote:
Are there shocks that I can addjust up and down like my friends LX460? That would be very cool!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old March 23rd, 2016, 01:28 PM
User Name
Status: Offline
User
NAS D90 '95
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
Why would your VIN plate have been removed to replace a windshield?


I'm guessing it was in the way or they broke it off... I have no idea but, it is a flimsy piece of metal. We replaced the windshield with a heated version.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old March 24th, 2016, 09:07 AM
User Name
Status: Offline
User
NAS D90 '95
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 177
The reply I got from that website on if it came with the LR Logo: "No. Land Rover will not allow us to add the logo as it is copyright and trademarked protected. It’s a 12.5mm strip of polished alloy with your number embossed on it."
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old March 24th, 2016, 09:20 AM
down_shift's Avatar
down_shift
Status: Offline
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Leesburg, VA
Posts: 4,118
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by User Name View Post
The reply I got from that website on if it came with the LR Logo: "No. Land Rover will not allow us to add the logo as it is copyright and trademarked protected. Itís a 12.5mm strip of polished alloy with your number embossed on it."
Don't bother going this route for a NAS.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old March 24th, 2016, 09:17 PM
User Name
Status: Offline
User
NAS D90 '95
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 177
spoke to a different dealership today. they said they can do it for free!! that doesn't come without pain though.... it takes about 12 weeks. you have to go to the dealership in person with all the proper papers, then they fill out some forms stating the trucks authenticity and registration, then they order it from LR UK, LR UK then runs a DMV check through your state, then they send it out, then you have to go back to the dealership to pick it up in person. Mind blown.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
vin

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Missing NAS Dash VIN plate Roverenvy Misc. Chit-Chat 112 May 12th, 2015 02:35 PM
VIN Issue: VIN Stamped on wrong spring hanger MN_Vagabond Defender Technical Discussions 14 April 3rd, 2015 12:09 PM
Bulkhead VIN plate and 4WD plate and tow plate o2batsea Series Technical Discussions 3 July 16th, 2013 03:12 PM
1994 NAS D-90 Title and VIN Plate $6,000 abraded For Sale - Parts 9 July 3rd, 2008 08:53 AM
series title and VIN plate Jack Straw For Sale - Vehicles 1 March 21st, 2004 08:19 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08 PM.


Copyright