Defender Source Forum banner

VIN / frame question

Tags
vin
2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  dave_lucas 
#1 · (Edited)
For those of you that have installed new galvanized frames did you happen to notice if they have a VIN number stamped on them? I would also be interested in know if a replacement frame from LR would have a VIN on it.

Additionally does anyone happen to have a picture of where the VIN is stamped on a d90 frame?

Thanks!

#2 ·
I haven't looked yet, but there's an almost bare (hopefully not for long) frame sitting in my dad's driveway right now. It's not a new galvy frame, because we bought it used and then galvanized it ourselves, but I'll check for you anyway so you can have an idea.

#4 ·
I can't find any actual VIN number on the galvy frame. I see a few other numbers like a lot number and such. There is one number that is unreadable due to the galvanizing, but it looks too short to be the VIN number and I can't see any other numbers that are visible on our other D-90's. there's a pretty good chance it's not there (although that seems wierd), even in the place where Steve suggested.

#6 ·
Sorry about that then, I must have missed it. I couldn't find it anywhere and our frame is a used frame from a donor vehicle. Both of our D-90's that I checked on are 94's, could they have been in a different place on that year for some odd reason? I think on the frame that we had galvanized the nickel covered up the VIN and maybe on our other one there was just too much grease and caked on dirt to see it, I don't know. Anyway I suspected that they would have the VIN, so I was actually surprised when I couldn't find the one on either frame.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.