VIN check-no luck - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old August 19th, 2013, 04:48 AM
mightymo
matthew m
'95 Disco 300TDI

Registry
VIN check-no luck

Okay, so made the rookie mistake of not running a vin check on the 130- as I only ensured that all the vins matched. The exterior is a new respray, but as I was digging around the interior I noticed original paint is OD green. Also, battery indicator on the dash is 24v, not 12-- but only one battery. Is it possible that this truck is an old MOD? The vin is salldhhf7a904172. When I tried to pull up a history report it said the vehicle was not in the system. Please excuse my ignorance btw, but can anyone confirm or deny my question?
1997 D90 NAS (SOLD)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 19th, 2013, 06:08 AM
d110pickup
Mike Pado
'97 D90 ST #1153

I can't comment on the VIN but I do know that my NAS '97 D90 has a 24 Volt Battery Indicator, as does my ex-MOD 110.
Mike

I'm not saying that stupid people should die . . . but maybe we could remove the warning labels & let nature take it's course.
Old August 19th, 2013, 07:31 AM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Always go the DIY vin decoding route.
http://www.expeditiongear.co.za/cu5/...%20Number.aspx

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 19th, 2013, 07:43 AM
rdavisinva
Robert Davis
N/A

Try this link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
Always go the DIY vin decoding route.
http://www.expeditiongear.co.za/cu5/...%20Number.aspx
Try this link:

http://www.expeditiongear.co.za/cu5/...IN-Number.aspx

The other one does not work.
It's easy to translate each number.
According to the site, you are missing a letter before the 6 digit serial number so you might want to double check your vin sequence again.

Uncle "Richard" Douglas has a Land Rover with big wheels that never gets stuck... until he breaks something so it won't go. Uncle Douglas always breaks something. - Anna Crowther at the Conclave 2012 (AKA Carburetor Neck)

"What's with this death wobble, Uncle Douglas, I can't keep it in 1 lane?"
UD: "Just Power through it man!"
Old September 1st, 2013, 01:18 PM
mightymo
matthew m
'95 Disco 300TDI

Registry
Thanks for the info guys. That is the VIN on the title. I still couldn't find history using the VIN but did using the plate number, as I guess plate numbers don't always change with new owners in the UK as they do in the states. Thing is, history is still minimal, pretty much just says Land Rover; Green; Truck and gives accident/theft history (clean btw).

Sorry for my delayed response, as our firstborn little one arrived a couple of weeks ago and I haven't had much dork off time on the web.
1997 D90 NAS (SOLD)
Old September 1st, 2013, 01:33 PM
jafir
Jafir Elkurd
Flaky Green 198something ex-mod 90

Registry
Can you check the VIN on the chassis or brake booster to make sure it matches? When I plug that into microcat, it doesn't like it, it says VIN not found. When I plug my ex-mod 90 VIN into microcat, it doesn't come up with much, but it at least knows it's a 90, LHD, 2.5NA, manual tranmission.
Old September 1st, 2013, 02:29 PM
broadstone
Chris
'84 CSW 90 '74 NADA III '97 CSW 110

Registry
By 1991 the 130 had it's own designated digit where as earliest examples were sometimes designated as 110 based on the vin. code That said I would think your 6th digit should read K and not H as H is for a 110. The digit you are missing I am guessing is the H or J it should have as the 10th digit to designate year of manufacture (if truly a 1991) and the A as 11th digit is relative universal. Have you done an HPI check or DVLA search that offered up additional info? Is the chassis stamped vin still there?

You did purchase from a dealer so there should be laws on your side I would expect if you believe you were mis-informed about what you purchased.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
vin