Vibration when I press in on the clutch - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old May 26th, 2007, 06:39 PM
bstraw
Byron Straw
1994 POE/ST

Vibration when I press in on the clutch

when I press in on the clutch going 10-40mph from 1st to 2nd normally I get this vibration that occurs for a few secounds and goes away. Any ideas?
Thanks
Byron

Follow-up Post:

Also, the vibration happens without either the fron of rear drivshaft(s) off. I checked again and it happens in every gear if I rev the engine up over 3000rpm before shifting. There also seems to be much more than normal backlash in the transfer case, I know they are loose but this is bad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 27th, 2007, 08:31 PM
bstraw
Byron Straw
1994 POE/ST

Any Ideas?

Has anyone had this happen?
Old May 29th, 2007, 11:51 AM
JakeW
Walt
2015 range rover evoque

Haven't had the exact thing happen, but have had vibration due to gears. You running stock gears in stock housings or do you have something a bit more exotic? My salisbury rear end makes some noise when I'm on the highway and not putting power to it. Sounds like it could be coming from someplace else, but it's the rear end on my truck. Causes vibration as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 29th, 2007, 12:06 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
I was having some vibration from the transmission, when I was reaching a point in low rpm and higher gears. It was as if the D was telling me to shift down. Couldn't figure out why it was vibrating until yesterday. I was under the D, putting some bolts in my side step cross bars, when I noticed a loose nut sitting at the bottom of one of my R380 tranny fram mounts. When I checked the mount bushing, it turns out the bushing was missing it's washer and nut, allowing the tranny to flex from it's mount position abnormally due to clutch torque.

Maybe not your solution, but you should check your transmission and engine mounts, and make sure the bushings aren't shot, and the mount upper and lower nut's are secure and tight.
Old May 29th, 2007, 01:45 PM
kellymoe
kevin
defender 130

Registry
I had a vibration problem when I would let off the gas and coast. It turned out to be loose drive shaft U-joint bolts. Problem solved. Yours sounds different but check the bolts anyway.
Old May 31st, 2007, 07:10 PM
JakeW
Walt
2015 range rover evoque

Yeah, I forgot to say it may be a bad u-joint too. Ever rebuild your driveshafts (prop shafts)? Might be time.

Nevermind. You said it happened without the shafts on. Guess it could be a bearing in the tranny or t-case. Strange.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
clutch