VDO Odometer ? I HAVE SEARCHED - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old June 18th, 2009, 10:32 AM
Epsom_D2
Sean-Paul Ferrera
1994 D90 POE

Registry
VDO Odometer ? I HAVE SEARCHED

My original Speedo/Odo in my 94 D-90 has gone bad and I followed the instructions and ordered everything from egauges. No problems so far. The only issue now becomes that I would like to increment the odometer to match what is on record so I don't make the vehicle illegal and so I don't have to go through having the registration, title, etc. stamped and a sticker placed on the door as notification that the odometer reads incorrectly . Any ideas if this is a possiblity with the VDO Vision gauge? Instructions would nice.

Thanks,
S-P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 18th, 2009, 11:01 AM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

You could probably take it to a speedo shop.

Old June 18th, 2009, 11:13 AM
madcowdungbeetle
Carter
1994 D90 on 37s supreme balla style

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsom_D2
My original Speedo/Odo in my 94 D-90 has gone bad and I followed the instructions and ordered everything from egauges. No problems so far. The only issue now becomes that I would like to increment the odometer to match what is on record so I don't make the vehicle illegal and so I don't have to go through having the registration, title, etc. stamped and a sticker placed on the door as notification that the odometer reads incorrectly . Any ideas if this is a possiblity with the VDO Vision gauge? Instructions would nice.

Thanks,
S-P
If you can get your hands on a signal generator, you should be able to run the mileage read out up to where you need it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 18th, 2009, 12:12 PM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
IF you buy the speedo from noth hollywood sped shop, they set your mileage for free on your new speedo
Old June 18th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Epsom_D2
Sean-Paul Ferrera
1994 D90 POE

Registry
So after many hours on the phone with FL HSMV it turns out that as the vehicle is over 10 years old it doesn't matter that the odometer is changed. I will just need a full disclosure at the time of the sale.

With regard to the VDO gauge egauges.com and VDO said there is no way to set it, but other sources have said as indicated by madcow that you can connect a 12 volt source and clock it up.

So I'm leaving it at zero and just taking the exemption that FL allows and maintaining all documentation of speedo/odometer purchase, date of install, etc.

Hope this helps anyone else who had similar questions eventhough the answer probably doesn't apply unless you are in FL.

S-P
Old June 18th, 2009, 04:41 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Applies in PA >10 years is federal exemption but other states may have stricter rules. Save the old odometer and give it to the new owner as evidence of true miles.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions