variable soft brake issue - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old May 1st, 2016, 11:07 AM
Jaap Kalkman
1997 Defender 110
variable soft brake issue

Hi guys,
I have been having some issues with the rear brakes of my 110. It has the converted Discovery 1 axle with Defender disc brakes. About half a year ago my brake started to feel soft. Especially first thing in the morning or when I first brake after not having used it for a while. If I pump the brake it builds up resistance. More recently my inner rear pads wore down completely while all the other pads were still 75%. The shop that replaced them said the callipers were seized. I had them replace the callipers and pads, and I was thinking that this would solve my "soft brake issue at the same time. Not so.... Any suggestions as to what the problem might be? Thanks!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions