Defender Source Forum banner

Vapor Line Routing

880 views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  Lriwater 
#1 ·
Hello,
I have a '94 NAS Defender. I have searched for a couple of days and also googled with little success. Maybe I'm searching for the wrong thing. I have a leak somewhere in the vapor system when pressurized at the fuel cap. It is between the fuel cap and the Evap Canister (not the canister).

I traced the canister line back to the small black plastic box at the passenger rear wheel well. That canister line goes to the front port of the plastic box as it should. The rear port has a tube that "hangs loose" as someone on here said it should, and the center line goes to a "T" fitting on top of the fuel tank. One of the barbs on the T fitting doesn't have anything on it.

Does anyone have a picture or schematic as to how all of the lines run from the filler tube to the tank and / or from the tank to the black plastic box?

Also, do I need to use the stiff plastic tubing that is stock or can I use the rubber vapor lines available at NAPA?

Many thanks in advance,
Chuck

See less See more
#3 ·
Bump. If anyone could check how that center vapor line off of the black plastic box gets routed to the fuel tank (is there supposed to be a T?), that would be great. I can't seem to find a service manual diagram either. Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.