Upgraded ARB locker lines? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old January 25th, 2016, 06:07 PM
SimpleJack
Joe
94 D90 NAS ST

Registry
Upgraded ARB locker lines?

Thinking I need to upgrade my locker lines as I've fixed two leaks in the past year. I've seen the Russel braided lines but came upon this on Pirate:

http://http://www.independent4x.com/Independent4x-Braided-Steel-Air-Line-ARB-Air-Locker-_p_177.html

Seem to get good reviews on Pirate and are popular there. Has anyone used these? Other recommendations?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 25th, 2016, 07:58 PM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
Use whatever you want, but some solid advice, never use HD lines between the diff and chassis. Asking for trouble if a stick comes up and pulls it out.
Old January 25th, 2016, 09:18 PM
fishEH
Brett Fritzler
94, 95, 96 D1's

Where are the leaks developing? Heat can play a major role in airline failures.
I agree with Zack, you don't want the weakest point to be the fitting on the diff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 25th, 2016, 10:44 PM
SimpleJack
Joe
94 D90 NAS ST

Registry
Great point. Hadn't thought of the pain that would be in comparison. Sound advice. I need to crawl under the truck in AM and take a better assessment of the situation based on heat and my routing. Thanks
Old January 26th, 2016, 02:54 PM
ini88
Daniel Marcello
Alloy+Grit Creative Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z.G View Post
Use whatever you want, but some solid advice, never use HD lines between the diff and chassis. Asking for trouble if a stick comes up and pulls it out.
Yeah I am building my ARBs now and debating about an HD line or regular line. Id rather have the regular line rip than the HD line rip out the fitting in the diff side or the solenoid on the pump side. Have people had the HD lines do more damage?
1994 Defender 90 #916
1967 Lancia Fulvia
1974 Alfa Romeo GTV
Old January 26th, 2016, 02:56 PM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ini88 View Post
Yeah I am building my ARBs now and debating about an HD line or regular line. Id rather have the regular line rip than the HD line rip out the fitting in the diff side or the solenoid on the pump side. Have people had the HD lines do more damage?
Yeah.....I forget if it was Bill at GBR, or someone else, mentioned they had the bulkhead fitting strip with the HD line. Makes sense.
Old January 26th, 2016, 11:43 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Just google HD ARB lines. Lots of US suppliers. Mine are Crown Automotive. Never had an issue in 8 years.

I always carry a spool of ARB line, spare solenoid, and some splice fittings for trail repair anyway (for other people's trucks).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions