Under bonnet fuse box diagram - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old August 10th, 2015, 09:42 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Under bonnet fuse box diagram

My under bonnet fuse box on my 1994 NAS D90 does not have a lid, and I'd like to verify the fuse functions since it's blowing the second fuse from the top.

The pdf of a NAS V8i Defender manual I have says

30A PI System
30A Lighting System
60A Ignition System
60A Aux aircon system

What's bothering me is when this fuse is blown, the only things that work are the lights, so how could the lighting system fuse be blowing! I take it back, the running lights come one, and I have to push/pull the turn signal stalk to get the high beams to come on. But no turn signals, no dash lights, no sign of life from the ignition.

I have no idea what the "PI System" is

I am not sure if it's coincidence, but right before this fuse blew, I lost the tach and the battery light came on (so assume my alternator died), and I drove for about 15 minutes before the fuse went.

tia
charles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 22nd, 2015, 05:47 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
For the archives, the top (bottom when looking at the label) 30A fuse if the Fuel Ignition System.

Also, despite being the Lighting system, this fuse is undeniably involved in the ignition process and your truck will not run when it's blown. In my case it turned out to be a bad coil which was causing this to blow. I can only assume my alternator killed it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions