Unavailable parts? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old July 17th, 2011, 01:43 AM
dnp
David
1995 Defender 90

Unavailable parts?

Well, it's been some time since I've needed to buy anything other than "regular" parts for my 95 NAS 90, but I've just been made aware that many of the parts I need to "freshen" it up are not readily available. Most of the parts I want to replace are interior trim pieces (transmission tunnel rubber cover, lower dash trim piece, etc.), but several sources are telling me these, and other parts, are not available.........are these trucks falling into the void of unobtainium parts? I know they were not high-volume vehicles, but I'm surprised some of these seemingly ordinary parts are getting hard to find.

Anyone have any sources for interior trim pieces for these trucks?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 17th, 2011, 04:06 AM
Campbell
Rich Campbell
06 LR3 01DII D90s sold

Registry
Try Mike at www.manhattaneuroparts.com, he has found me the impossible in the past.
Old December 5th, 2011, 07:07 PM
dnp
David
1995 Defender 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell View Post
Try Mike at www.manhattaneuroparts.com, he has found me the impossible in the past.
It's been some time since my last post, because I got frustrated in looking for what I needed.

Campbell, thanks for the rec for Mike at MEP, but he was of NO help whatsoever! He promised to do things on at least a half-dozen occasions, but he never followed up a single time. He made me believe he could help and do me some good in locating parts, but it was nothing but talk.........My comments are no reflection on you, Campbell, in any way, as I really appreciate your suggestion. I'm just still frustrated at being unable to find several of the parts I need, mainly, the rubber transmission tunnel cover.

If anyone has any other suggestions on parts sources, please let me know. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 5th, 2011, 07:25 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

Stephen Peters for Safari Rover/Safari Heritage in Orlando. British Pacific has some too, call Eric at Atlantic British too. He is frequently on the boards.

Post what you need in the Wanted Section, there are plenty of hoarders on this board. You will probably pay a pretty penny, but you will have what you need.

Old December 5th, 2011, 07:39 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
D-90.com wanted section
Old December 5th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Capt Milks
Mike
Defender V-8, Defender 2.25

Yes some of the parts you may be looking for are no longer available from Land Rover. Since the Td5 and now the Puma the interior dash has changed and it is very hard to find trim pieces. You can source new rubber floor mat system, aftermarket, but it is very expensive and comes in grey only. The transmission hump is one of the hardest pieces to get now a days. As Scott mentioned try those vendors and you may be able to find some of the pieces. One he didn't mention is George at Rovers Down South. He has some odd ball stuff from time to time.
Old December 6th, 2011, 12:19 PM
dnp
David
1995 Defender 90

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I will check those sources. Also, I hate to admit it, but of all of the times I've been to this site, I'm not sure I've ever noticed the "wanted" section. I guess I'm an unobservant idiot!

Thanks again for the comments! David
Old December 19th, 2011, 05:07 AM
ashtrans
Dave Ashcroft

Hi,

we have had these parts made :

http://www.ashcroft-transmissions.co...&productId=147

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
part, parts