U.S. based shop to rebuild an injection pump? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old July 16th, 2017, 08:04 PM
David Coker
1991, Defender 90, 2.5NA LHD

U.S. based shop to rebuild an injection pump?

Anyone know of a U.S. based shop that has the ability to rebuild a mechanical injection pump from a 2.5NA?

I just replaced a leaky injection pump and it seems a shame to not at least try to rebuild the old one as a spare or perhaps to help a fellow 2.5NA owner out somewhere down the road.

Any contacts or recommendations would be greatly appreciated, even if its some stoner who just gets his rocks off rebuilding weird ass stuff like mechanical injection pumps... lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 16th, 2017, 08:15 PM
o2batsea
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb

Registry
It's probably cheaper to just buy one from lrdirect

1966 109 5 door wagon 300Tdi "spermaceti fueled"
1994 RRC LeWiB "ruining the air behind me"
1968 2A 88

All my troubles are Rover
Old July 16th, 2017, 08:17 PM
rdavisinva
Guess Who?
N/A

The only thing we do to a 2.5 N/A is lift them out of the engine bay and replace them with engines that can occupy the same space and provide 2 and 3 times the power while using the same amount of fuel or less.
If you can't get over being the slowest vehicle on the road, then send the IP to Blue Ridge Diesel in Salem, VA, Elton will fix you up.

Uncle "Richard" Douglas has a Land Rover with big wheels that never gets stuck... until he breaks something so it won't go. Uncle Douglas always breaks something. - Anna Crowther at the Conclave 2012 (AKA Carburetor Neck)

"What's with this death wobble, Uncle Douglas, I can't keep it in 1 lane?"
UD: "Just Power through it man!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 16th, 2017, 08:17 PM
David Coker

Quote:
Originally Posted by o2batsea View Post
It's probably cheaper to just buy one from lrdirect
I was thinking the same thing, but figured I'd ask anyway.
Old July 16th, 2017, 08:51 PM
David Coker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdavisinva View Post
The only thing we do to a 2.5 N/A is lift them out of the engine bay and replace them with engines that can occupy the same space and provide 2 and 3 times the power while using the same amount of fuel or less.
That's a matter of opinion, thanks for yours, now here's mine: If I want a truck that has 4 times the power, I go buy a new Toyota Tacoma gasoline 4x4 with a manual transmission. If I want to embrace my hobby of restoring a classic and unique military work truck made to haul troops and gear through nuclear blasts and run on NATO approved fuel, tires, and consumables, then I go buy an ex-MOD Defender.

Personally, I've owned all models of Land Rover: They all looked cool, they all got a lot of positive comments, none of them were reliable (in and out of the shop constantly), all of them were expensive (both to buy and to maintain), and, unless you absolutely love them, they really weren't a logical choice to have as a daily driver. IMHO, anyone who chases this strange pipe dream of having a fast, reliable, Land Rover Defender that doesn't slowly rattle itself apart...well, I'll keep that opinion to myself.

Having said all that I friggin' LOVE my Ex-MOD, bone stock, Land Rover Defender 90. But her legs aren't the reason.
Old July 16th, 2017, 09:18 PM
Contractor
Will
1969 IIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdavisinva View Post
If you can't get over being the slowest vehicle on the road, then send the IP to Blue Ridge Diesel in Salem, VA, Elton will fix you up.

Elton is a good dude.......you can find him on the GNR board posting under Rover Morgan Man if you want to PM him.
Old July 16th, 2017, 09:23 PM
Naplm00
Matthew
1983 110 200tdi 3 door soft top

Any old school bosch certified diesel injection shop can do it. Only took about 30 mins of calling to find one here on yuppieville

And chill a bit dude. People are just trying to help you out. The 2.5na is an absolute dog

Edit: these guys are local to you and look like they can do it

http://tripletdiesel.com

Rebuilding these pumps takes some fineesse but it isn't rocket surgery.
Old July 16th, 2017, 10:58 PM
David Coker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naplm00 View Post
And chill a bit dude. People are just trying to help you out. The 2.5na is an absolute dog
lol...its all good, but somebody has to stand up for the fat ugly chick once in a while!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
rebuild