TVR Running! - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old June 30th, 2004, 07:06 PM
Doug
Doug Walker
TVR5L-powered NAS D-110

TVR Running!

Fired up the TVR for a few minutes for the first time today! Very exciting moment! Very deep, throaty, resonant, angry. Sounds like the real monster I suspected it would be! We fired her with the 110s 14CU ECU. Later this week we'll put the RPI chip & Disco ECU on and see how that settles out some of the roughness (along with timing and base idle adjustments.) More news to come.

Looking for suggestions:

1. The fan shroud for the 110 doesn't fit over the new fan. Oddly enough, the 5.0 fan is not in the same position as the 110 fan -- its about 4 inches to the driver's side (different water pump). We're probably just going to wind up making something, but just fishing for ideas and suggestions now...

2. The new plenum is for a '98 4.6 RR. The diameter of the plenum intake is larger than the 3.9 hose. Any ideas where I could shop for some generic intake hose that's larger diameter and of sufficient length? Need about 3 feet.

Thanks,

DW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 30th, 2004, 07:47 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
electric cooling fans maybe?
Old June 30th, 2004, 08:10 PM
Doug
Doug Walker
TVR5L-powered NAS D-110

Thought of that! It's on the list.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 30th, 2004, 10:24 PM
Bowtracer
Peter Sherman
NAS 110

Doug, plenum hose! junk yard! Try to find them from an 90's ford pu. 7.5 ltr You want the angles. Then use some alum pipe for the straights. I did this for another truck I had. I was fortunate to have the intake hose from my old f350. It not as clean as the stocker but it will work. I also had this idea during this process. Find a industrial electrician they should be able to bend large id od conduit. The other option is industrial food hanlding equipment maufacturer. that was a mouthful. They work with large stanless pipe & should be able to bend vary easly. Hope this helps!!!
Old July 1st, 2004, 12:50 AM
Doug
Doug Walker
TVR5L-powered NAS D-110

Humm, I like the Ford bends, with the aluminum pipe. In fact, could go with a junk RR 4.6 hose and aluminum straights. Thanks, good idea....
Old July 2nd, 2004, 02:34 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

but just fishing for ideas and suggestions now... (shroud)

Maybe it is like the 4.0 on 97 D90s?

Just something to look into, I know the 4.0 serp W/P is probably what is on there.

Ron
Old July 2nd, 2004, 10:35 AM
Doug
Doug Walker
TVR5L-powered NAS D-110

Thanks Ron. We figured out the shroud yesterday. Invert the 110 shroud (bottom on top, top on bottom) and it fits exactly! A little trimming and adding, should be fine! Sheesh. I measured a 95 RR, but the radiator was shorter and wider, so no go there. This should work fine.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions