tvr ecu - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old April 17th, 2007, 08:06 PM
vesparover
brian bertolini

tvr ecu

hey anyone out there ever tried an ecu out of a tvr 4.6 or 5.0? i just bought one off of ebay uk without asking first. Guess I'll find out. I run a 4.6 with just about all the goodies and thought this would be the last choice before carbeuration.
thanks
brian bertolini
charleston,sc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 17th, 2007, 08:25 PM
jaherring
Jason Herring
94 D90 ST #1253

You could always go with an aftermarket ECU and dial-in the performance yourself. Megasquirt would, I believe, use your existing EFI components and allow you to customize the air/fuel maps...
Old April 17th, 2007, 11:48 PM
Doug
Doug Walker
TVR5L-powered NAS D-110

Brian,

Very interested in what you experience with the tvr ecu. I'v been running a 95 Disco ecu with an RPI chip for the last two years, and seem to be doing okay except for an 1100 rpm idle and having to retard timing to about 2 degrees to suppress pinging.... ;P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 24th, 2007, 02:35 PM
vesparover
brian bertolini

Well i put the tvr ecu from a 5 litre tvr chimara in my 95 defender with 4.6 -hot cam- done up heads- free flowing exhaust blah blah blah. It runs like a champ. the ecu is a 14cux with reworked fuel mapping for a larger motor- like the 4.6. The best part about it is it only cost $150. on ebay uk. Smoother idle no bogging no issues. A noticible difference pushing 5th gear on the highway- blowing by everyone at full speed. nice purchase if you have a 14cux ecu already.
Old April 24th, 2007, 05:51 PM
Doug
Doug Walker
TVR5L-powered NAS D-110

No pinging above 3500 rpm? Do all the aux items like air conditioning work as usual wiht the Chimera ecu in place? Timing standard at 5 degrees?
Old April 25th, 2007, 07:26 AM
vesparover
brian bertolini

Hey doug. No pinging at all. didn't change my timing from 5 or 6 degrees. working great- I would definately keep my eye on ebay uk for another one. I don't have ac so i couldn't tell you about that.
thanks
brian

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
ecu