Turn Signal problems, '94 D90ST - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old December 25th, 2011, 11:19 PM
Nalu
Colin Miller
94 D90 ST/4.6

Turn Signal problems, '94 D90ST

Sorry to start a new thread on this, but I've looked at a handful of old ones and run through some options and still have a problem with my turn signals not working. Both stopped working at the same time a few days ago. The bulbs and fuses are intact, and I believe the flasher relay works also since the emergency flashers function normally. All other functions on the turn signal stalk work: horn, hi-beams and hi-beam flash. I can't see any problems with the connector at the base of the steering column.
I'd appreciate any suggestions and advice.

Colin

"Some day this war's gonna end" :-|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 29th, 2011, 02:42 AM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

silly but see if your hazard switch is pushed in ever so slightly. If mine is pushed in a bit the flashers won't work
Old December 30th, 2011, 02:30 AM
Nalu
Colin Miller
94 D90 ST/4.6

Thanks Clay, mine does the same thing and this irritant is exacerbated by the fact that the flashers don't turn off complete when I press the button. However, my problem is sorted: something must have been wet (no wonder, living in the PNW). A day of driving south on I-5 in the California sun sorted it out. I'll take apart the instrument console while I'm on holiday (it will be good practice for my planned digital speedo install and gauge change) and check all the wiring and seals.

Colin

"Some day this war's gonna end" :-|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 30th, 2011, 02:54 AM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

Colin,
I am glad you got it sorted out. I switch my two front vents seals to the rubber kind and not the really flimsy foam. Might be an option for you to keep some of the water out.
Clay

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
90, d90, problems, signal