Turn signal--problem solved - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old July 18th, 2004, 07:13 PM
Chris Davis
94 D90, 88 RRC
Turn signal--problem solved

I remember a month or so ago that someone had the same issue as I did in that your turn signal did not turn off when completing a left hand turn. I knew I would dig into it the next time I had my steering wheel off (I was not going to remove it "just" for this problem) and I finally took it off to straigten it after installing a front locker. On the steering column behind the wheel is a plastic sleeve (mine was blue) that has two notches in it. On the back of the steering wheel, there are two protruding tongs made of metal that have to engage in this piece of plastic. When I had not noticed previously, I reinstalled the wheel without centering this and hence I had the problem. When I reattached the steering wheel this time and appropriately aligned these tabs, all was good and forgiven. Max loves me again.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions