Turn Signal/hazard light/horn problems in my '88 D90 2.5TD CSW - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old March 15th, 2016, 05:57 AM
ITALY2AMERICA
Zachary Hoyt
88 D90 CSW

Turn Signal/hazard light/horn problems in my '88 D90 2.5TD CSW

So I've recently had an issue whereby when I flip the left turn signal, the hazards come on, when i flip the right signal, the hazards come on, and when i flip the hazard button, nothing happens. Concurrently, my horn no longer works. I've not much experience with electrical stuff, but I figured it may be a ground somewhere in the system. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 15th, 2016, 06:37 AM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
check your connections to the front harness, the 'ground' screw on the lights I believe you can access if you pull the lens cover off and ground clip to the frame. I think you could test the lights like this for grounding issues though I personally haven't tried it.

Might be easier to troubleshoot if electronics aren't your fancy.

Given that your horn is on the turn signal stock I think it could be that switch is shot. Doesn't seem as common as the headlight switch but we are talking about an original part I am sure.

Could also be the hazard switch as those are known to go

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
90, d90, horn, ht, problems, signal