Tune Up - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old April 28th, 2010, 03:33 PM
J. Andrew
J. Andrew
95 D90 NAS SW #384
Tune Up

So since the PO didn't drive the truck much, and I managed to pull the boot off of the coil wire, I've decided to do a full tune up. I mostly had questions about brands recommended, i.e. napa oil filter vs genuine vs other, etc.

Plug Wires (currently rists suppression 1515 OEM?)
Oil Filter
Fuel Filter
Air Filter

Also, I want to switch to 0w40 or 10w40 high mileage mobil 1, and my dad who was a classic car collector used to swear by marvel mystery oil in the oil pan for ~1k miles to clean things up, thoughts on adding MMO to current oil, running a bit then changing out for Mobil 1?

Thanks everyone!

Old April 28th, 2010, 03:39 PM
Chris Snyder
1994 D90 ST #614 | '95 RRC TWR
Just make sure you stay genuine with the cap and rotor. The after market stuff causes too many issues to be worth any savings.

Old April 28th, 2010, 03:46 PM
I have never seen a rover in person
magnecor [sic?] 7mm wires with a genuine coil wire with the boot over the coil on it.

Genuine oil filter (I sometimes use motorcraft ones as when Land Rover ran out of oil filters they said this was ok to use)
Genuine air filter
Genuine fuel filter
Genuine spark plugs
Genuine cap and rotor.
*not legal advice*

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions