"tune resistors" - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old January 16th, 2006, 09:39 PM
boxerhips
Tim Riccardi
1995 d90

"tune resistors"

I have been data logging with my LM-1 wideband. I have tried 3 differnent resistors. The stock NAS 3.9K, 180ohms , and 470ohms (green) . I have been checking on the same road, same speed, and same MAF sensor voltage(4.15v). So the load on the engine should be the same. With the stock(3.9K) the WOT AFR is 12.41, 180 ohms 12.72, and the 470 ohms 12.98. I have cats on the truck and everything is stock. NO MATTER what resistor you have the O2's are functioning, and at cruising speed (60 mph) the ECU keeps the truck between 14.7-15.0. There is a pretty big differencebetween resistors. I'm going to try the 470 ohm for a while, it give the most power. I was hoping I could get the AFR around 15.2(cruising), but when in closed loop the the ECU stays around 14.7. Anybody how has removed the cats and not changed the resistor to green(470ohms) must be running real rich. Tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 16th, 2006, 10:45 PM
artm
Arthur Maravelis
97 SW

1. What is the point of all this? To gain little unnoticeable power?

2. Who can remove cats and pass inspection?
Old January 17th, 2006, 12:39 AM
boxerhips
Tim Riccardi
1995 d90

This does about as much as a "powerchip" would. I'm not removing the cats. I had the LM-1, and allways wanted a little more power. I'm not looking for a race car, but not being the slowest thing on the road would be nice. And in the end it cost me about $1.00.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 17th, 2006, 07:10 AM
Hans
Hans Haase
The D-90.com Lab Rat

Had the previous owner on mine gut the cats, had to replace them to pass inspection. MASSIVE difference in emissions.

I went from Hydrocarbons of 500+ parts per million to the low double digits (20?)
CO went from 1.5% to 0.01%

With a well tuned engine and good cats, the Defender actually runs amazingly clean. Cleaner than my wife's 2001 Corvette and almost any other car I have seen. I wonder if it has something to do with the wider voltage range on the O2 sensors we use. Supposedly the Titania sensors are more accurate and faster.

-Hans

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My 100k stopped odometer fix

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Brace for impact, I'm in a "modifying mood". Massive thread count inbound.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions