Tuffy console '97 NAS 90 with Auto - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old October 7th, 2003, 09:13 AM
ronward
Redsrover
None - sadly

Question Tuffy console '97 NAS 90 with Auto

Morning all. I'd like to modify my center console to accept a taller arm rest pad a la Tuffy. Since it is a 97 with autobox the center console is one big unit that can't be replaced by a Tuffy. Or can it? Any suggestions for adding extra height to the arm rest in the center?

Saw many familiar trucks at MAR. Dave Marchand, I came looking for you to thank you for helping me with my D90 from Boston but never ran into you. TIA

Ron Ward
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 7th, 2003, 10:30 AM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
dont think it will work, I have never seen this. I think I heard that the folks at $ Gard were working with tuffy to address this but I am not sure. I think the console on the 97's suck.
Old October 7th, 2003, 10:55 AM
dmarchand
David Marchand
'97 D90 SW Arles

Registry
Ron, I missed you to , although I know for sure I saw you driving around. Your truck looks identical to Kearney's with the ARB. All weekend I kept saying to him that someone stole his truck....

I was only there from 5:30am Sat. to 5:30 AM Sunday. Our drive down took much longer than expected and I had to cut the weekend short to attend to some business. Sorry I missed you. You had a long drive as well. I think ours was around the same mileage....1200+. We stayed in the lower field and did most of the trails on our own, but somehow ended up pulling out stuck trucks everywhere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 7th, 2003, 11:19 AM
ronward
Redsrover
None - sadly

I had a great time despite the long drive. The truck drove out great the whole time. The check engine light came on Thursday night about 400 miles into the journey and stayed on until about the 600 mile mark when we'd reached the rally site. I parked and unloaded. About 3 hours later when we grouped for a trail ride around 3pm I cranked the engine and the light was out. Drove like a champ on the trails. Very impressed with the D90 after having struggled with my Disco for so many years.

The light stayed off all Friday afternoon and night coming back on Saturday morning when I cranked the engine. Light stayed on all day and night Saturday (when the engine is running of course).

Then Sunday I got up, loaded up and headed out at 9am and the light was out. Stayed out until I stopped for lunch in South Boston, VA when it came back on when I cranked the engine. It has stayed on whenever the engine is running every since. I'd say I put 800 or so miles on it with the light burning. Must be emissions control since I have not noticed any deterioration in performance, power or fuel economy. In fact, I ran 70mph from Greenville, SC south to Columbus, GA and the mileage seemed to improve slightly.

I have reason to visit Atlanta next week and have made arrangements to drop it off for a look see.
Old October 7th, 2003, 12:03 PM
dmarchand
David Marchand
'97 D90 SW Arles

Registry
Yup, just have them pull the code. If no noticable driving issues, then it is "probably" the emissions as you suspect. When I bought my rig, the same exact issue popped up about a month into ownership. Turned out to be the cats were blotto. I replaced the exhaust but kept the original O2 sensors. It's been good since.
Old October 7th, 2003, 09:39 PM
WhiteD90
Johnathan Tisdale
93 110, 90 RockRR buggy

I converted my 94 to an auto and used the 97 console. I've cut the back portion off and mated it to my tuffy. I'm in Augusta, so next time you're over this way you can check it out if you like.

Tis

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
90, 97, console, nas