Tuffy Center Console - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old April 8th, 2012, 10:17 AM
ForestRover
Scott Wessel
'95 D90 ST White

Tuffy Center Console

95 D90. Getting to all of the low hanging fruit, need guidance on install of Tuffy Center console. Have combed the forum, looking for additional information. I paid the extra $20 for the spacer kit from RN and shocked to discover that it and the console came with ZERO instructions. Went to install yesterday and encountered what everyone else has - not a straightforward swap. My question:

Should I drill new holes, and if yes, where?
Better off building a wooden frame that can leverage the existing holes?

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks
Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 18th, 2012, 10:30 PM
DonFromWhitby
Don Andrews
'94 NAS D90 #CDN-80, 2011 LR4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForestRover View Post
95 D90. Getting to all of the low hanging fruit, need guidance on install of Tuffy Center console. Have combed the forum, looking for additional information. I paid the extra $20 for the spacer kit from RN and shocked to discover that it and the console came with ZERO instructions. Went to install yesterday and encountered what everyone else has - not a straightforward swap. My question:

Should I drill new holes, and if yes, where?
Better off building a wooden frame that can leverage the existing holes?

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks
Scott
I drilled new holes near the front seat belt mounts... I didn't use the spacers - I used a stack of washers for the front... took me about 45 minutes to install it. Very easy install. Only part tricky was I had to have my wife hold the bolt in the truck while I ratcheted them from underneath. Two in the back, one in the front..
Old April 18th, 2012, 11:03 PM
tarck
wat
RRC, D-90

True story.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 19th, 2012, 12:41 AM
jayz
Jason Zolezzi
85 200tdi 110

I must get Mighty Putty!!!! I wonder if you could use it to mount a rear tire carrier?
Old April 30th, 2012, 11:01 PM
Skeena river rover
jeroen
1997 300 TDI 110

I just installed mine, de deluxe version. I wish i bought the mantec instead! The cup holders, don't work, it is just to big and you are hitting the low gear. Yes i had to drill new holes to, no big deal but i am just disappointed with the whole cubby box.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
console