Tubed and Tubeless rims - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old January 17th, 2008, 09:54 AM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
I have the original NAS 110 tubed steel wheels, and have been running tubeless BFG mud's on them for over 6 months. no issues whatsoever, and no abnormal air loss.

I was able to mount the BFG's myself with an Outback tyreplier set and my portable compressor. They easily inflated once mounted.

I prefer having my BFG's on tubeless rims, as they make field changins and repair of rims much easier, and I can carry a tube as an emergency if all else fails to get me back. With a full spare, an ARB radial tire repair kit, a compressor and tyrepliers, I have no concerns on being stranded due to tire issues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 8th, 2009, 09:00 PM
Gkase
George Kase
1983 110 200Tdi CSW LHD

Hi Mark,
I have been reading about tubeless tires on tubed wolf rims and on this last post you say this...

"I have the original NAS 110 tubed steel wheels, and have been running tubeless BFG mud's on them for over 6 months. no issues whatsoever, and no abnormal air loss.

I was able to mount the BFG's myself with an Outback tyreplier set and my portable compressor. They easily inflated once mounted.

I prefer having my BFG's on tubeless rims, as they make field changins and repair of rims much easier, and I can carry a tube as an emergency if all else fails to get me back. With a full spare, an ARB radial tire repair kit, a compressor and tyrepliers, I have no concerns on being stranded due to tire issues."

Did you mean to say "tubeless" rims in the last paragraph? It confused me since the first line says you run tubed rims...your post was informative and I wanted to make sure I understood what you meant...
thanks!
George
Old May 9th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gkase

Did you mean to say "tubeless" rims in the last paragraph? It confused me since the first line says you run tubed rims...your post was informative and I wanted to make sure I understood what you meant...
thanks!
George
Good catch! yes, the last paragraph should have read tubed, not tubeless. my factory rims require tubes, and I prefer it that way. unless running very low pressure off road (which I haven't done yet), haven't had any problems with them. tubeless tires are going to be easier to get off a tubed rim then a tubeless rim.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 28th, 2010, 10:44 AM
rogersta
Drew Rogers
1993 NAS D110 #51

Standard tire pressure for normal road conditions

What should the fwd and rear tire pressures be for tubeless 235/85R15 tires on stock rims for a NAS 110 truck in normal road driving conditions?
Old March 28th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogersta View Post
What should the fwd and rear tire pressures be for tubeless 235/85R15 tires on stock rims for a NAS 110 truck in normal road driving conditions?
I'm not sure what it's supposed to be, but I run 45 front and rear and have very little wear on my BFG M/T's.
Old March 28th, 2010, 04:23 PM
mikeslandrover
Mike Hammond
110 200Tdi and a 2005 Scorpa SY250

Registry
It's supposed to be lower at the front and higher at the back.
27 & 42 psi Front & rear.
Having said that I run 40 psi front and 50 psi rear on my 200tdi. With no power steering (it was made that way) and 27psi in the front tyres it takes a mighty effort to change direction when parking

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
rims