Trying to Identify Suspension Springs - - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old March 30th, 2007, 01:21 PM
pmd
Paul Dandini
None :-(

Trying to Identify Suspension Springs -

I need help determing what suspension springs I have in my D90.
Previous owner indicated the truck had a 2" lift installed.

I noticed that my truck next to another D90 w/2" lift seemed much lower. The other truck did have larger tires - but the center of axile to body relationship seemed shorter.

I am tring to determine if adding new a 2" lift (springs..) will give me more clearance.

Here's what I have.
Rear spring have three paint marks on the spring - I assume this is to identify.

"Pink-ish", "Red", "Yellow"

Not sure whos springs these are and thought that maybe one of you knowledgeable dudes may have seen these markings before.

Also the rear shocks ar Bilstein F4-B46-0253 HO if that helps.

Thanks.
Paul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 30th, 2007, 01:28 PM
LRNAD90
Scott T
1995 Defender 90 ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmd
I need help determing what suspension springs I have in my D90.
Previous owner indicated the truck had a 2" lift installed.

I noticed that my truck next to another D90 w/2" lift seemed much lower. The other truck did have larger tires - but the center of axile to body relationship seemed shorter.

I am tring to determine if adding new a 2" lift (springs..) will give me more clearance.

Here's what I have.
Rear spring have three paint marks on the spring - I assume this is to identify.

"Pink-ish", "Red", "Yellow"

Not sure whos springs these are and thought that maybe one of you knowledgeable dudes may have seen these markings before.

Also the rear shocks ar Bilstein F4-B46-0253 HO if that helps.

Thanks.
Paul
Hey Paul,

See if this helps: http://members.shaw.ca/jbarge/springinfo.html

Land Rover OEM springs (not to be confused with OME) are marked with small "slashes" of color comobinations to identify them, but most aftermarket springs either have no markings or have dissapearing paper tags (like Old Man Emu -- OME). I didn't see a listing for the pink/yellow/red that you mentioned though..

The Green/Pink RR left rear was a popular swap into the front of D90's, since it was roughly the same spring rate (180lbs/in. vs. 175 lbs/in.) but two inches longer free length (17.1" verses 15.1"). So it rode virtually the same and gave two inches of lift over the stock spring, with the capacity for greater articulation (with a longer shock). I have an unused pair as well, if you are interested in them... LOL!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old March 30th, 2007, 01:46 PM
mikeslandrover
Mike Hammond
110 200Tdi and a 2005 Scorpa SY250

Registry
I use the RR hd Red & white springs. give a good 2 " of lift and (with lowered shock mounts and +1" longer shocks) splendid articulation for little outlay Excellent link to the spring info too, added to my favorites

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions