Defender Source Forum banner

tricky rust spot, how to?

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  evilfij 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I'm finalizing all needed work on my d90. Last but not least is the cosmetic work on the outside.

Three spots in total: See pictures below.

My question is, I HOPE i don't need to take off the whole top to fix these little rust spots, I'm hoping I can take off the crews and bolts on the inside and just shimmy it up enough to have the body guy clean from the inside out.

Your thoughts, if what I mentioned is possible how would you go about dissembling the top in order to make a little room for the body guy to clean up the three rust spots.

I rather NOT do picture #4.

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I've did a lot of research today. Propping is the way to go. Take off the rear door, unscrew, lift and change, do each side separately. Chances are the holes will not match up, drill holes into the new capping into the original holes. Now i just have to figure out whats needed to loosen up the top, I was told a few bolts on each side??

#7 ·
Best way is to take the top off, sandblast and prep parts. I think you can get new also if the parts are to far gone. No easy way around it.

Rust Sucks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.