Treadwright Retreads - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old July 10th, 2012, 11:34 AM
85Red110
Kent
1985 110 3-door

Registry
Treadwright Retreads

Searched a bit on the forum to see if anyone had any opinion about the retreaded tires from Treadwright. Anybody run them? What are your thoughts on their quality/performance?

The prices are attractive, but is it a case of "you get what you pay for"?

https://www.treadwright.com/p-53-285...den-a-t-d.aspx

^Their "Warden A/T" looks an awful lot like BFG AT's. Considering Treadwright for my next set.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 10th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Me personally, I would only use retreads off road. Those prices are pretty good, andI like that Guard Dog MT.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Old July 10th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Ray_G
Ray Gerber
54 S1 86", 96 D1 (Coyote), 06 D3

Registry
I've had those in 235/85. The retreads work well for what they are, but be mindful of what you are getting and their lifespan. Mine were effectively trashed after about 15k; much of that was pretty hard wheeling though. Used on-road I'd expect half the life of a set of actual BFGs.

If you want them as a set of offroad tires and have a set of DD wheels/tires; not a bad value at all. If you want them for a DD that's going to be on road much of the time I'd consider saving and getting the BFG MTs.
r-
Ray
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 10th, 2012, 12:28 PM
85Red110
Kent
1985 110 3-door

Registry
Thanks for the input fellas. As it stands, my use would probably be 75% on-road, with the majority of my off-road time being on the beach with a little moderate trail riding. Definitely dont need an M/T, and from what I can tell, there are many A/T's out there that are really good for less coin than the BFG's...

I guess Ill pass on the retreads.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
ht