Transmission stuff - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old August 28th, 2016, 10:39 PM
P. Barber
1989/Defender 90
Thanks for all the helpful information.
It is not a daily driver. So I think I will flush again and drive it till it fails completely.
My long term plan for the Landy is to upgrade the motor so Ill just plan on a transmission rebuild or up grade at that time.

Maybe I can find a 200TDI and R380 some time in the future.

This is a new to me rig, even with the transmission issues I'm sure liking it. Did some true 4wheeling the other day and was very happy with it.

Thanks to all.

Old August 28th, 2016, 11:28 PM
I have never seen a rover in person
The R380 has a filter but it can't be removed without taking it apart. The LT77 you can remove the filter easily. Like I said, that looks like a chewed up synchro hub. It will be obvious what is broken when you take it apart, but unless you are really cheap it is better to get a reman from roadsiderob or Ashcroft.

*not legal advice*

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions