Transmission mount help! - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old July 25th, 2010, 03:43 PM
timetravel
Jesse Blythe
1983 110 HCPU

Transmission mount help!

I'm in need of the transmission bracket and mount on the left side for my 1983 110.

LT77 mainshaft output splines and LT230 input gear roasted while I was visiting my parents in NC.. over Thanksgiving.

So in April I had time to get back down to the truck and pulled the transfer case and transmission. I ordered ashcroft's short bellhousing r380 as well as new input gear and rebuild kit for LT230. Took the LT230 back with me to rebuild it, as well as the turret to make sure it mated up nicely with the r380. Drove back to Chicago in a backup vehicle. Was lucky enough to unload the transmission and parts that night, because when I woke up the Honda had been stolen.

Just drove back down from Chicago to NC again, popped the transmission and transfer case on only to realize that the transmission mount and bracket are no longer on the old transmission. It was in the Honda, somehow didn't get unloaded, and undoubtedly was scrapped for $.25 by some car thief's neighborhood alley scrapper.

SO, phew, I'm in a pickle. I absolutely have to go back to Chicago by thursday and the truck has got to move because I've been on borrowed space for quite some time. If anyone has a source for the bracket and mount, a spare one, or even critical dimensions so that I could make one I'd be so entirely grateful. I've got a feeling I'm fairly well hosed, because who would need to replace the frame mounted bracket (aside from me)?

Right now I'm in the Pinehurst/Southern Pines, NC area. Any help, information, ideas, whatever would be super helpful. I'll be checking the thread, but I'll throw my tele# out there (Eight47) 217-745Eight call at anytime.

Cheers,
Jesse
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 25th, 2010, 04:43 PM
kevkon
kevin
1994 D90 300tdi #730, SIII 88

Have you tried Rovers North?
Old July 25th, 2010, 05:56 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

There are a ton of D90 guys in NC, too bad you could not have found the forum earlier.

PM Dale (RoverTrader) he or DrAaron may have the parts you need and they are in NC.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 25th, 2010, 06:17 PM
timetravel
Jesse Blythe
1983 110 HCPU

Nope, just realized that I'm missing the mount today. I have a small list of places to call tomorrow morning.. Rovers north, rovers down south, British Atlantic, southwest rovers, maybe east coast rovers. Frankly I'm a little concerned that no one is going to have the frame mounted bracket. The rubber mount should be cake to find.

Thanks for the idea, any other places that might be worth a call?

------ Follow up post added July 25th, 2010 04:23 PM ------

Thanks Scott, will do
Old July 26th, 2010, 09:11 PM
timetravel
Jesse Blythe
1983 110 HCPU

Thanks for the help folks.. This was a very pleasant glimpse at the land rover community here in the states. It appears that I may have the correct mount on the way with many thanks to Rob at Southwest Rovers. Second time in a week he's come through for me.
Old July 26th, 2010, 09:24 PM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
glad you got the part. in a pinch you could probably use a couple 2 x 4's and a ratchet strap or two.
Old July 26th, 2010, 09:56 PM
jetmech
Dave McHenry
1984 Landrover 90 CSW

Rob,

Is the Best help a man can find. He has done several things to my 90.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
mount, transmission