Transfer Case Identification - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old November 11th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Transfer Case Identification

How can I tell what Transfer case I have? I see a bunch of numbers on it, but nothing like what I expected and nothing I understand. I am trying to determine the gearing. I am pretty sure it is original, so I can assume what it is, but I'd like to know anyway. I am assuming there is some way of reading the numbers I see or other numbers somewhere that I missed.

Here's what I have:
Stamped on the back
22D229498E
Engraved in the Case
P1/980/F
Cast into the Casing
HRC2202
BSK6
Cast into the Cover
HRC 2255
BSK 1
Advertisement

Old November 11th, 2013, 04:35 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Ok, here's what I'm trying to accomplish. I know there is an issue with spline wear because the input shafts on the T Cases weren't originally drilled for oil. I was told that the 110 box is different (26 tooth gear vs 28 tooth gear) from the D90 and that back when LR was addressing the issue, there was no replacement available for the 26 tooth.

I was all set to have mine machined, but looking at Craddocks I see FTC5089PR2. Is this the new Cross-Drilled gear? There is no explanation of it, but the offer the original FTC5089 as well as this one. Mine is in good shape, but if I can purchase a new one inexpensively I'd prefer to.

Does anyone know if there is a replacement for the 26 tooth gear that is already drilled with oil passages?
FTC5089PR2
Old November 11th, 2013, 04:47 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

I know there is one, but I don't know the PN. I would ask ashcroft to be sure. David Ashcroft has been excellent. Other option is Roadside Rob who will likely know as well and might have one stateside.

------ Follow up post added November 11th, 2013 04:55 PM ------

I should ask, have you pulled it out to check to see what you have already?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
transfer case