Trailing Arms - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old December 18th, 2003, 01:05 PM
James Forehand
83 110 200tdi
Trailing Arms

How many of you all have upgraded your trailing arms to compensate for a lift/strength? I've got OME around, and I noticed that the bushings on the trailing arm chassis mounts are binding a little. Which ones do you have? Rockware, RoverTracks, Rovertym? Is this a worthwhile improvement?

Old December 18th, 2003, 02:34 PM
Troy Smith
1995 D90 SW

I have OME all around. I put the Rockware bent trailing links on my truck when I did the suspension. To be honest, since I didn't go extreme with the springs, shocks or tires, I don't notice a difference. It may make a difference if you go with a bit more lift.

Troy J. Smith
Roanoke, VA

Old December 18th, 2003, 02:59 PM
Dave Lucas
I went with the Rover Tracks Heavy Duty setup and here is what I noticed....

1. They moved my tires to the middle of the wheel well, they used to be further to the front
2. I have more ground clearance under the trailing arm due to the shape of the trailing arm
3. Much more flex than the stock setup, I think this is due to the fact that they use a softer compound in the rear bushing.
4. seems to have corrected the pinion angle that was off due to the lift.

One of the biggest reasons that I decided to go with Rover Tracks arms was becuase they start with 100% new parts unlike some others that just cut the stock trailing arm and weld on some tube.

well, that and the fact that they are good people

Good stuff
Old December 18th, 2003, 03:09 PM
Mazen Fawaz
97' D90 SW, Arles Blue
How will this effect on-road situations?
97' D-90 SW
Arles Blue
Old December 18th, 2003, 07:11 PM
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90
It depends how hard you wheel your truck. With regular OME lift and easy to moderate wheelin you'll be fine with the stock arms but when you go crazy with lift and long travel shocks you would need the HD arms.

You could never go wrong with Rover Tracks or Rock Ware. I had Rock Ware arms for a year and they took a lot of abuse with no problem. Right now I'm running the Rover Tracks ones and wheeled them twice and I was able to drop the whole truck on the left arm with out a problem and just kept on going. I never ran the RTE arms but I've heard good things about it. So it's your choice really!
Old October 12th, 2007, 03:28 PM
1995 SW #487/500
Another vote for the Rovertracks rear links. I just put them on my SW. The bushing seems to be in less of a bind, the vibrations arent so bad and I even think the rumble has gone away. In comparison to the stock trailing arms they are so much more beefier, I didnt realize how delicate the stock units were. I like the added clearance, I cant tell if the truck has anymore or less flex. Keith was most helpful and answered all of my questions.

Poor gas mileage gets you to the best places on earth

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions