Trailer Wiring??? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old November 1st, 2009, 05:15 PM
Wiley
David Brewer
1995 D90

Trailer Wiring???

Ok, I've read the threads here on wiring my '95 D90 but am still confused. My trailer has a 4flat.

Can I just use this part from Rovers North? WIRE ASSM 7-4 PIN APDTER TRAILER TOWING Part#: YMZ500480
Price: $28.54
Do I still need to get a two into one converter? If so is this what I need?
http://www.etrailer.com/pc-VWH~52180.htm

I tried to access the speaker area but coulnd't get the speaker panel out. I'm thinking it might be a lot easier for me to just get a female plug to plug directly into the existing plug in the well.

I"m not very mechanical and even less so electrically but wanting to learn so can anyone here spell it out for me? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 2nd, 2009, 11:03 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Well, it depends on what you want. The factory D90 kit is NLA and RN will sell you a disco I kit as its replacement, but it does not fit quite right and is $150 or so. AB sells for $70 an aftermarket kit that will work and last I talked to roverguy.com he had a used one of those available cheap. All of the rover specific kits plug into the socket and are plug and play, but the main issue is that the wiring provided is usually not long enough to reach the trailer (the original D90 kit had a long 7 to 4 harness). Of course, you can go to walmart and get the cheap hoppy converter for the seperate lights and use that if you splice the wires at the plug.
Old November 2nd, 2009, 12:33 PM
o2batsea
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb

Registry
If you have a vehicle with separate turn and brake lights (like most nowadays) you need the logic circuit conversion.

try this:
http://shop.easternmarine.com/index....categoryID=209

1966 109 5 door wagon 300Tdi "spermaceti fueled"
1994 RRC LeWiB "ruining the air behind me"
1968 2A 88

All my troubles are Rover
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 2nd, 2009, 03:47 PM
Wiley
David Brewer
1995 D90

wiring

Thanks guys. I went ahead and ordered the AB kit. Probably cheaper then all the parts I'd break trying to rewire the plug.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
wiring