Torque spec for balljoint bracket to Salisbury Axle?? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old May 16th, 2015, 10:02 AM
Wilboro
William Ficner
1997 110 csw

Registry
Torque spec for balljoint bracket to Salisbury Axle??

So I've read the workshop manual and have asked around but can't seem to find an answer that's clear.

I have a Salisbury rear axle and to the side of the differential casing bolts a bracket which the ball joint for the upper linkage bolts into. This bracket is held on with 4 M12 bolts. I'm trying to determine what the torque rating for these bolts are. The manual says 176Nm for the ball joint but doesn't say anything about those bolts. I assume that's since many models ball joints bolt into a welded on bracket.

I've had people say that they think the bolts take 176Nm as well, but that's over the torque limit for an M12 bolt so I can't see that being correct. HELP!

Attached is a picture of the bolts in question.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-05-15 at 8.22.58 PM.png
Views:	38
Size:	217.0 KB
ID:	120905  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
ac, axle, bracket, rack