Torque Converter re-Install trouble - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old November 5th, 2005, 09:47 PM
Michael
Michael
Discovery 1998

Torque Converter re-Install trouble

This is for a 98 Disco.

I am not able to get the torque converter as far onto the input shaft, or "home" in the oil pump. I need another half inch. I have been turning the torque converter for what seems forever but not luck..

Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 6th, 2005, 04:33 AM
ashtrans
Dave Ashcroft

get the auto vertical, bellhousing up,

put 2 bolts in the torque converter, spin it and rock it until you get 50mm from the bellhousing face the the torque converter feet,

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old November 6th, 2005, 07:31 AM
Michael
Michael
Discovery 1998

Torque converter

Thanks for response. I have visited your site a few times in the past. Thank you for all the technical information that is posted there.

I am trying to avoid removing the transmission. The reason I removed the torque converter was to remove and modify bell housing to accomodate the diesel engine I am fitting.

Is it possibe that I damaged the internals of the torque converter when I removed it? The transmission was horizontal when removing and it slid out pretty easily. I did not drop it on the floor, but I do know that as I pulled it out it did drop a little to find support on the "hollow shaft", and then the input shaft.

Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 6th, 2005, 09:18 PM
Michael
Michael
Discovery 1998

Torque converter is in!

Yee-Haw!

Thanks for the help Dave. I pust a little more effort into it and it worked.

Best,
Michael

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions